Basic Cooling

virus

Ok I have been wanting to buy a better heatsink and I'm not quite sure were to start or what company to buy from. I'm looking for one that will make at least a 5C difference, but not brake my wallet as well.

Also I am going to buy a fan controller and I was wondering do the controllers have the four pin connectors on them or the three pin.

Ant suggestions would be awesome, thanks.

If you're running stockand want to change , better get something decent, and they come at a certain price.So better wait a bit if you're on a tight budget and get a good one.

As for controllers most have 3 pins conectors (mainly for space) ;)

I'd go with the Swiftech heatsink that i have in my signature. When coupled with a good fan like a 92mm Tornado (which is loud, but if u have a fan controller, you can slow it down) will cool your proc like nobody's business

ok now, bear with me, click HERE and scroll down a little bit. I know its in Swedish, but there is a bar graph that shows the temps of the Thermal right and Swiftech. As you can see, the Swiftech is a few degrees cooler across the board :D GO SWIFTECH!

Yeah I've actaully seen that swiftech heatsink before and was really impressed with what they were saying. so I think are go ahead and get that

It's tempting but the aquiris 2 is a little to much for me.

Edited by virus

Ya i love my good ole Swiftech...word for the wise tho, buy one of those little foam fan filters for your CPU fan. That way, the filter will clog with dust, and not your heatsink. The filters are like $3 (US) for a 92mm size, and it really really cuts down on the dustbunnies on my actual heatsink, i mean its barely dusty at all.

Ya i love my good ole Swiftech...word for the wise tho, buy one of those little foam fan filters for your CPU fan. That way, the filter will clog with dust, and not your heatsink. The filters are like $3 (US) for a 92mm size, and it really really cuts down on the dustbunnies on my actual heatsink, i mean its barely dusty at all.

if it were me... put filters on the intakes so you don't have any dust whatsoever in your case, not just your heatsink.

and I also am a swifty fan you can't go wring with it.