Attention Members: Give Us Some Ideas Here!

Bosco

I like the smilies idea

:P  :rolleyes:  :ph34r:  :foldon:

well matt could correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think this is possible. Once a smilie would be "unlocked" by one person, it would be "unlocked" for all...it's just the way the image attachments work for the site. Go see the locked thread about hosting a sigpic, and you'll see what i mean.

Don't under estimate the power of PHP :) It's very possible and probably would not be very hard to do.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried the smily thing on my website and people just copied the html so I did some actualy code modding, then they just started using tiny gif images in their posts.

Tinyman.GIF

EDIT: So with the smiley mod maybe consider disabling smaller images.

yeah, i've made my own smilies that are still "stored" here and turn up every now and then. I didn't mean to say it's not possible...but just that there's too many ways around it from what i see.

A couple of ideas:

A chance to do a review:

Earn points toward Hardware:

Maybe a Computer:

DVD'S

Games

Software

Gift Certificates

Just some ideas :)

Custom sig options sounds like a good one,since there is a vocal lobby for them already.Changing the 90/180 day sig/member title privileges I don't know about.I believe this system (instead of post count) was implemented right after I joined,for the usual reasons.You newbies gotta earn it like everyone else. :P

Special smilies sounds good too.T-shirts,case badges(please!).

Maybe a giant poll or more like a write-in ballot where people could vote for the most helpful person on technical matters.

Reviews should only be done by the experienced staff. A review represents OCC on alot of different websites and has to be accurate.

Ya but they can be read before they are posted, everyone wants to do a review so if they help out enough and they earn the chance why not let them try it, the product does not have to be the most expensive thing but at least they can try it out. Sites can always use more reviewers thats all I am saying. :)

ppl will only want to do reviews for the free stuff. plus if you really want to do a review, buy something and write a review on it. then submit it to OCC. This is a better way to earn the chance to review for OCC

Ya but they can be read before they are posted, everyone wants to do a review so if they help out enough and they earn the chance why not let them try it, the product does not have to be the most expensive thing but at least they can try it out. Sites can always use more reviewers thats all I am saying. :)

anyone can do a review on their own. Write one up, send it to matt or another mod, and i'm sure if it's good enough, they'd post it.

how about with enough points you can request drop in warn level?

(just an idea)

ooooorr how about like 32kb sig size? or avitar?

ummm how about like trade it in for more stars :D:D i like those spinning objects :lol:

i would like a drop in warn level :)

good idea road.

we could also implemet something like: OCC Bucks. and have a little store where you can buy fun items.the more bucks you have the better the items you can buy.

btw im not talking about real money.

if this has been said i apoligize, but its 4 30am, and frankly i should be in bed. anyway, gnight guys.