Attention Members: Give Us Some Ideas Here!

Bosco

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heh, after giving this some more thought, i think rather than have crazy x800 prizes or other expensive hardware, the prizes (if in physical form) should be unique OCC branded stuff... like, I'd love an OCC beanie... nice navy blue with OCC in orange with maybe white borders on the letters... i'd pay for a hat like that! i might draw/render one just to show everyone how cool it would look...

the occ fan idea is sort of cool, the orange/blue one... but i dunno, that might clash with a lot of people's colour schemes... i reckon 80mm (or 120mm, please, please!) fan grills that somehow are OCC would be cool, so custom laser-cut grills, dunno how hard that is to sort out...

so yeah, to summarise, more low-medium price prizes rather than super-expensive 6800, x800, etc...

more prizes for EVERYone! :D:lol:

Yeah.. join the tkc team... actually, no don't, you will beat me..lol!

As for rewards I would like to make a small point.

If you are going to reward ppl for stuff they do on here, you are going to need to make sure that everyone is rewarded on a level playing field. For example, if you rewarded ppl for the amount of folding they did, Isn't this just rewarding ppl who already have alot of money to spend on rigs for folding? Yes, they are doing a great job, but not everyone can afford the hardware to turn in alot of WU's.

So basically rewards need to be handed out for something everyone has an equal chance in achieving (at least theoretically).

Edited by jammin

Don't think your better than me B)

the opinions of others seem to disagree :P:ph34r:

EDIT:

Yes, they are doing a great job, but not everyone can afford the hardware to turn in alot of WU's.

that's a very good point, jammin. I don't know exactly how you can level the playing field, as we don't yet know what gets you points and what doesn't, but i think that's definitely an issue, as, it shouldn't be one of those "rich getting richer" type of programs.

Edited by ClayMeow

There are a lot of ways to fold without spending money. I have 2 friends, plus all the computers in my home folding for me. Just ask around, you'd be surprised how many people are willing to donate their computer cycles for a good cause. :)

Some ideas:

Warning Level Drop (expensive)

Extra Sig Space

No Ads.

Different colored titles/names

Extra images in posts. IE: 5 points per additional image in a post.

Different Forum themes

Raffles/Auctions for prizes. I think this is better than set prices on prizes, because it makes it plausible for someone with very few posts to win, and creates more competition.

Charge 1 point per smiley :O

Change forum nickname

Getting access to the folding forums without folding (ie: you have a different name for folding than you do on the forums *cough*me*cough*)

Being able to donate points to other members. This would encourage a nice, helpful environment. I know there have been times when I have wanted to "reward" people for taking time out of their days to help me out.

Piece of news on the main page (birthdays, aniversaries, etc) This should be expensive!

Image hosting area. (for ebay, etc)

Meh, I've been racking my brain for too long, I'll try to think of some more later. :)

edit:

Larger Avatars

larger PM box!

Auto-bump feature. This would would be awesome if the right precautions were taken to avoid abuse, but a feature that automatically bumps your thread to the top of the category for a set amount of points.

A thread, pinned in Official Announcements, where one can pay to "tag" their name and a message to stay at the top of the forums forever. Note: There is only one thread, but multiple posts, so the forums wouldn't become cluttered. Basically, it would just be a fun priviledge to have your name in this thread.

Edited by ravix

you are going to need to make sure that everyone is rewarded on a level playing field. For example, if you rewarded ppl for the amount of folding they did, Isn't this just rewarding ppl who already have alot of money to spend on rigs for folding?

too true... i'm not sure how you'd do it, but somehow, people with single mid-range pc's need to be able to get rewards somehow too...

too true... i'm not sure how you'd do it, but somehow, people with single mid-range pc's need to be able to get rewards somehow too...

Maybe we should give points for most posts within a 24 hour period. ;)

As for the folding.. it will be easy for anyone to get extra points for this. All they will be required to do, is be an "active" member which means 1 WU a week at least. If their an active folding member they get close to 2x the amount of points for certain things versus non folding members.

You all have actually been testing the point system for the past few days :) Testing is going well, still have about 50% left to do.

As for the folding.. it will be easy for anyone to get extra points for this. All they will be required to do, is be an "active" member which means 1 WU a week at least. If their an active folding member they get close to 2x the amount of points for certain things versus non folding members.

You all have actually been testing the point system for the past few days :) Testing is going well, still have about 50% left to do.

o, okay...so in other words, if you submit 1 wu a week, or 20 a week, it doesn't make a difference? That sounds fair.

o, okay...so in other words, if you submit 1 wu a week, or 20 a week, it doesn't make a difference? That sounds fair.

Exactly. If we could just get a couple thousand people (I'd settle for a couple hundred) to just run one computer to turn in a WU or two a week, we'd be doing great :)

so how many point have i earned in the test? :D

That's irrelevant considering I have not yet finalized what point scale that I will be using. Also, all points will be wiped before it goes live :)