Attention Members: Give Us Some Ideas Here!

Bosco

OO~ and in that store can be *OCC THERMAL PASTE!! not that i want to be first to try eheh :)

but really. um maybe there can be like OCC branded FANS?? eheh re-branded?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea to structure rewards for being a good member, but some of the previous posts seemed to be suggesting moving toward a heiarchy with some members being able to access or view things unavailable to everyone. I always am wary of any plan that is a move towards exclusivity. One of the strengths of this place is that there is a climate of inclusiveness and democracy. I know your plan doesn't advocate this, I'm just reacting to previous posts.

wow LP, i like the new ideas and changes on here recently... i'm a bit disappointed that you won't be rewarding for the number of helpful posts on the forums... I've posted LOADS of help with links and everything ... heh :D ... maybe some sort of award for very active members with very helpful posts?

anyway, yeah ex-review hardware would be cool as prizes, except when the review involves a dremel and destruction ;)

erm... the 90day sig and 180 day member title could be ideas to reduce (bit by bit) for exceptional new members? (me! me! it's me! hahahha :lol:)

a digital camera would be a fantastic prize... cos i've only got one on my phone and a joke 640x480 camera ($15) about as big as a matchbox... this would be really cool cos it'd be hard for me to take specific pictures if I was going to write a review...

hmm, i'll keep thinking about this...

anyone can submit a review to LP... if he likes it itll go on the site if not he can trash it... Us americans have this thing called the first admendement... Freedom of Speach... but then again, it is still up to LP what happens to it.

the larger sigimage is cool...or maybe enabling a dynamic sig (like the ones for tkc or something)also maybe people could get the ability to change their member title early. maybe they get a free one after 180 days, then they have to redeem points. the ad free surfing doesn't seem like much of a reward, but the adds don't bother me much, as long as theres not pop ups.

While I'd love to have more smilies or be able to write reveiws neiter really float in the enviroment we have here. Smilies can be circumvented, and reveiws are a already in place. Frankly I hope to do one soon. (how do we get the free stuff, i was jsut goign to go buy something...)

SO let me take this in a differnt path. What about Earning points as a whole, as a comunity? Like the smilies. Set a goal like after X non-spam messages.. liek 100k we get some more smilies, all of us! Or get everyone more involved in the reviews, like Before teh review is even performed, ask people what they want to see in it? Like the next time i lap a HS I an going to run it over 600 grit paper then reinstall and see how much temp drop i get then 800 then 1000 then etc. So before reviewers go about doing a tast they can have some idea what the readers would liek see done. RAM memory settings. Different benchmarks. More pictures, anything like that.

Sorry for the bad typing.... :(

I'd kinda like to get an OCC case badge, been tired of the standard ASUS one. Also like roadkill said, maybe an OCC FAN/Grill. It could be a blue fan with orange LED's or something.

How about round badges that could go on case or fan hubs?

I like the idea Matt. In fact, I like the idea a lot.

However, people are very quickly getting carried away. Remember they (the moderators) are only people too. They have everyday things to buy and can't spend all their time and money on us getting new vid cards and other freebies. Points systems for getting Bawls, case badges, t-shirts, etc. make sense with one or two 'highdollar' items.

Hopefully everything works out for the best Matt, I'm sure you'll be able to balance the wants of us and the needs of yourself.

i know it would be hard to code but an awards area like they do at zeal would be cool . maybe getting there own private sub forum which they can mod would be a cool reward. getting some advertising space would be great or a link off the front page.

some reward ideas... games, free ads, unlimited sigs, hardware, software, OCC T-shirts, hats, and any other cool OCC stuff you can think of. Also, if you set it up so that the thing that earned the most points was folding then maybe this could be a good way to get more people folding and more serious about it.