What's Your Favourite Movie?

I missed alot of the first and second movie as they did not follow the book however I will give them credit for the job they did. If they had made the movies exactly like the book it would have been 18 hours intead of 9 hours long.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if you've read the books or not, but people who haven't read them usually like 2 the best. Strictly as the movies go, I think they do get better in order. The third one was stunning, I agree. The only reason I don't like 2 as well is that there was no reason to deviate so drastically from the book.

actually i've read the trilogy (and hobbit), and they're my fav. books ever. The deviations didn't bother me, because i think they helped from the standpoint of the movie. If any deviation bothered me, it was in the first one, where they failed to show the fan-favorite Tom Bombadil!!!

But anyways, the fighting in the 2nd is like no other....it was a great action-adventure flick. But don't get me wrong, i think the 3rd was awesome also, and actually, i had debated for awhile (back when i saw it), on which of the latter two i liked better. Right now #2 holds the lead, but we'll see what happens when they release the extended version of the third. If you're a fan of the movies, you HAVE to get the extended versions...don't get the stupid theatrical versions, unless u want both for some reason.

If there was anything from the books that it was wise to leave out, it was Tom Bombadil. I don't think he would have transferred well to the screen.

And yes, the fighting in the second movie was great, but they made it the central part of the story, when in the book that's not the case at all. That among other things puts 2 down a notch from 3 in my opinion.

have u seen the extended versions of 1 and 2? You have to remember that movie 1 != book 1, movie 2 != book 2, and movie 3 != book 3. There's a lot of overlapping in the movies, so i don't know if it's a fair critique that movie 2 focused on action more than book 2.

Well im done watching the whole trilogy. I'd have to say the 3rd was the best. But i didnt like the way it dragged on at the end. I was quite surprised, i wrote these movies off before i even saw them. So i guess ill think twice in future. But i really enjoyed it, the effects and directing were amazing. Definately watch it again sometime :D