Where's The Balls In My 2.6?

Running FSB @ 216 Mhz with fixed AGP/PCI settings, w/RAM @ 2-3-2-6. Would a simple voltage adjust fix? If so, How much would be safe for 3 Ghz? I also have a heat issue that Im gonna post on the cooling section. Thx for any info.

ABIT IC7G Max2

2.6 P4 @ 2.808 oc fixed AGP/PCI

1Gb Kingston Hyper-X PC 3200

GeForce FX 5900 Ultra 256 Mb

Maxtor DiamondPlus 80Gb HD running ABIT Serillel Serial ATA

Audigy 2 Platinum Pro

DVD+/-R/RW

Aerogate 2 Fan Speed Controller/Temp. monitor

Thermaltake Dual Fan 420W PS

Aquarius 2 Water Cooling Kit

Edited by Pent uP Rage

just go up 1 setting at a time and maybe relaxing the setting on ur ram too , theres alot to do when o/cing not just upping it to where u want . u have top play with things to see what works best for u

I do build hotrods for a living lol. an Assisstant on TRUCKS andHPTV on Spike. I just noticed that my RAM voltages are about .5 short. It's sitting at about 2.54V while it shouldbe @ 2.6

Edited by Pent uP Rage

Up the voltage to 2.8,and you might get a little more.Sounds like the limit on the RAM.Use a 5:4 divider and crank it up.Or at least use the divider to rule out the RAM.You should get much more than 216 on the cpu.

Just added 3:2 divider, upped RAM voltage to 2.65 and reset timing to 2.5-8-3-3.

Increased from 216Mhz to 233Mhz FSB. Now runnig at a more respectable 3.03 Ghz. Im water cooling but with a crappy system(See cooling post). I probably wont keep this up FSB long, Dont know if the cooling system can handle it. For long...Oh yes, the KING of home built water cooling systems is coming. I'm tired of all these crappy kits and such...You want something done right? Do it your dang self! (andwith a little OCC forums help). Im talking 400GPH, 3 sq. ft. of cooling surface with 4 120mm fans. This radiator I 've got is so dang big it's gonna have to replace the entire side panel :) Actually its a racing trans cooler for a Hondafrom Hayden..Home building a watercooling kit? Automotive supplies are your best bet since cars are 12 volt too. A racing fuel pump is 12V, adjustable, and gravity feed from a res. ( or gas tank) JUST LIKE A PC LIQUID COOLING SYSTEM. Anyway, Im just pissed I found out my WC kit SUX :angry: and I figured out a better way that was sitting in front of me all along...grrrrr

BUT...My 2.6 @ 3Ghz is kicking a** b/c of the new RAM timings. I even reduced temps by 3-4C. Thx y'all.

Think I can get it higher?

Edited by Pent uP Rage

I think you can go higher.I would also suggest the 5:4 divider because your RAM will be below or at spec all the way up to around 250fsb.And if you make it that far,try pushing farther still.Remember,your RAM already made it to 215.

Also,I'm personally very stingy with my Vcore.It takes a little longer to overclock this way,but you stand a better chance of avoiding SNDS (sudden northwood death syndrome).Take it as high as it will go w/o fiddling with Vcore too much,then evaluate your wants/needs (lol) from there.

One last thing,I have HyperX too,and it runs fine at 2.8.I've got mine to 270/217 5:4.

Take it slow,do a lot of burn in.It pays.