What Is Your Position On Cursing?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

swear words or curse words as some say are only bad couse the human race has placed bad meenings with them. but it dose get anoying when people swear everyother word or they swear couse they think its cool.

hears a little history lesson:the reason curse words are called curse words is couse alot of the swear words thru out history derived from acual curse words used in curse rituals. that used to be the case anyway a very very very very long time ago. but now thier just mostly a noun for a socialy obcene part of the human body or obcene act.

like i stated earlier in my post thier only obcene couse we the human race consider the things they describe or name obcene.

There's an art to choosing the proper word.Without curses and oath's,our language would be a litttle poorer and less colorful.The problem with swearing is it rapidly becomes a crutch for those with no imagination.I myself use swearing pretty reflexively around friends or my brothers,I guess when something impresses me "Holy .+" pops out before I can get to "Gadzooks"or "Holy Mackerel".And if I hit my thumb with a hammer,I mentally browse to "Son of a....." or "Motherf......" before I get around to "Rats!"or "Darn!".So I'm as guilty as anyone.I guess it all depends on how appropriate it is around the company you're keeping at the moment.I try to avoid cursing around my mother.I try to avoid it if it offends someone who's opinion I value.

In England it's more normally integrated into everyday language... it's not really said to show off... not even in frustration or anger... like on tv we don't have bleepy bleep bleep-ing bleep... except for the c word that offends women.

So in England "swearing" or "cursing" wouldn't really be an issue unless it seemed like the person using them had issues themself. It wouldn't really be raised for discussion unless it was in an inappropriate situation like in front of your boss or in a church or something!

So, in a way, we have more freedom of speech :P

Lol the c-word.When I think of Britons cursing that's the first thing that comes to my mind.You're probably going to think I'm a dweeb because I love those two Guy Ritchie flicks(Lock,Stock,and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch.For an American,those are epics of cursing. :) Almost as good as Brian DePalma's Scarface. B)

If you are thinking about swearing and implementing them into your everyday vocabulary, you know you have gone too far. A swear is somethin that comes out as a reaction; whatever the word may be. That is a swear... by my definition anyways.

not in england, not by a long shot, and certainly not in any city...

swearing is more like emphasis over here, or descriptive, not expletive...

you could have a normal conversation with someone with a fair few "swear words" in there and most people wouldn't notice or be bothered, it's only if you get agro that people are fussed at all

oh yeah, top films by the way! student favourites.. haha :D

I think cursing is stupid personally... When I see a person that I think is cool call someone a "craping retard" for instance, my thought of them goes down... I occansionall cuss but Its only when Im playing games on the computer and if Im really mad... Like this week has been a crappy week... now I usually would only say that if it has been an exceptionally bad week (which it has been) soooo.... that is my view of it...

BTW... I believe that it is not really something God cares about (christian) unless it is insulting someone. But if your a Morman christian (haha, dont get me started on how they Are not christians) dont do it... well, I guess it really dosent matter since you wont be going anywhere but down, down, down anyways