Building Muscles

OK, im only 16 years old. I've been training for 3 Months now, and i alwready see a difference in my arms, in my cheest..but just a little.Now my question is, do some of you build muscles over here, go to the gym for physical training or any exercises, well if yes lemme know what you do for training

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i do 3 set of 15 on everything i do like all the bench,leg press,shoulder and etc...and do dum bell alot it help turst me it help um other than that drink alot of water try to stay away from suger

p.s it's not how much you can lift, it's how much you can do and what are you lifting and are you taking anything like Creatine etc....?

Edited by AkApUrViS

yeah i do 3 set of 15 on everything i do like all the bench,leg press,shoulder and etc...and do dum bell alot it help turst me it help um other than that drink alot of water try to stay away from suger

p.s it's not how much you can lift, it's how much you can do and what are you lifting and are you taking anything like Creatine etc....?

whats bum bell. and no i dont take pills to help me get bigger i like it all natural.lol.but ahhh how do you do the shoulders ?

i do 25Lbs with one hand 7 timeseach arm. sometimes i takr the 30Lbs

i take 95 Lbs on the bench. somethiime 125Lbs

Some basics I learned from my lifting days...

When you exersize one set of muscles, give equal time to the opposite set. Example: If you bench press, you must also do a rowing type of exersize.

Take a day off between exersizing major muscle groups. Exceptions are abs and calves.

All real power comes from your LEGS.

due, keep lefting cuz i can my max is 225lbs on bench and decline, upcline i can do 135lbs on the bum bell i can bench press about 70lbs same as decline, upline i can do up to 60 with help, now with shoulder i do the Military Press about 90lbs with help and dumbbell and here a good one that help youhere

ps if that dont help just ask people to join and what gym are you going to cuz im in golds gyms and i left natural if your askin

Edited by AkApUrViS

I've been a practitioner of Shotokan Karate for about 5 years... What I would recommend for chest development is something called "Hypers"... While lying down on your stomach on the floor, get a person to hold the bottom portion of your legs down while you pull your upper body towards the ceiling (NO HANDS!). Keep it up at a moderate pace and you'll feel a good burn in your abs if you are doing it right... :)

weight training should be done in tandem with cardio-vascular work as the blood (and therefore oxygen) need to flow thru yer muscles for most effectiveness...

best is to do something like running, swimming, soccer, etc... something strenuous, and then do weights right after...

if you go to a gym ask for an induction/training session with a trainer so they can show you how to use the equipment properly so you get the most out of them and don't do any damage...

oh yeah eat meat too... maybe get some protein shakes or whatever... remember your ability to build noticeable muscle mass depends on your genetics at the same time.

cool, oh yeah eat spinach, haha popeye :lol: toot toot!

Some basics I learned from my lifting days...

When you exersize one set of muscles, give equal time to the opposite set. Example: If you bench press, you must also do a rowing type of exersize.

Take a day off between exersizing major muscle groups. Exceptions are abs and calves.

All real power comes from your LEGS.

thx for the tip man. will do.

Im a big time long-distance runner and i only lift after running. Your muscles are more relaxed and you're less likely to hurt urself if you are warmed up. Also, if u want to get larger muscles and not just endurance, then try building up the weights. For example, on the bench press i do 3 sets of 15, and i bench every other day. Add another 5 lbs each day u bench. If u cant handle the increase then dont add the 5 lbs and try it the next time. It may not seem like much but after a while it really builds up.

Im a big time long-distance runner and i only lift after running. Your muscles are more relaxed and you're less likely to hurt urself if you are warmed up. Also, if u want to get larger muscles and not just endurance, then try building up the weights. For example, on the bench press i do 3 sets of 15, and i bench every other day. Add another 5 lbs each day u bench. If u cant handle the increase then dont add the 5 lbs and try it the next time. It may not seem like much but after a while it really builds up.

i alwready tried that 5Lbs after each day..i was able to get up to 125 Lbs ..it's pretty heavy for me ..but ..i will try the running aswell..i will run all over my house, up and down the staris loll :P

THX for replying guys

Ohhh and also ..what should i be eating ..how much ..

eat all the food groups, no junk food. which means no fast food, soda, etc. i havent eaten fast food or had soda in four years (since i started running). There are some good resources such as The Glycemic Index which basically tells you the amount of energy that you will get out of a certain food. If you look at the list, the first column is the glycemic rating, which is energy. if this rating is higher than 55 then it is good for energy. the higher the rating the better. for breakfast i usually have a good cereal, toast, bananas, anything with a high amount of complex carbohydrates. for lunch i have a sandwich or a wrap. for dinner i have soup, meat, potatoes, string beans, corn, rice, spaghetti. and for snacks i have nutrigrain bars and such. pasta is great for energy. as for how much, it depends on how many calories u burn. im guessing that i eat right around 4000-5000 calories a day, sometimes 6000, and i still only weigh about 158lbs.

oh and dont have anything really acidy, like orange juice, apple juice, apples, etc., before doing a strenuous activity. acid=big time cramps

sorry if this is lengthy but im a little obsessed :blink::D