Do You Leave Your Computer On?

Phil

How often do you shut off your computer?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you shut off your computer?

• Whenever I'm not using it
    • Whenever I'm going to be away from it for a while
    • Only at night
    • Leave on all the time

i have to turn mine off at night because my parents make me. they dont want to pay for the electricity. i might be able to leave my p4 on longer soon as i am moving it to my bedroom. :foldon:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My F@H shuebox stays on all the time. I have to shut down the main rig at night 'cause my parents said so. The dual proc is on a timer from 10:30 pm to 1:15 Am (record startrek and do some folding. The dualie produces an insane amount of heat and noise, so it has to stay off most of the time. D3b, I don't know how you manage to sleep @ night.

i turn off at night becasue i do not fold
Well you should.

although i do fold. i can't afford the electricity of it being on all the time :(

If your computer is idle it should draw less than 100 watts, even if you have a 600watt PSU it will only draw what it needs :P

If your computer is idle it should draw less than 100 watts, even if you have a 600watt PSU it will only draw what it needs :P

But he is folding 100% cpu load, hence the maximum power consumption. :P

I've read that turning off and restarting your computer shortens it's life by one day each time. Do you agree? If so, is it even more true for an overclocked PC?

just think.. by the time somthing bad happins from off and on.. your couputer "should" be outdated and you should allready have a new one :D

I leave mine on all the time. Its so freaking tempremental that I dare not turn it off.

However!! If I could get the damm thing clocked and running stable I would turn it off more often to save on the damm power bill. :(

My restoring my Mustang was easier than modding my comp. LMAO