Monitor Won't Come On!

Alright maybe this is an easy fix. I turn my comp on and nothing happens on the screen, just blank. I've reset the cmos, change procs, gpus, memory, and reformatted my hard drive. Still, I get nothing, not even the bios screen!!!!!!! What the ffffffff :angry: The only thing I can think of is that my mobo is dead, DFI Infinity Ultra-AL. The lights on the board are still on though. The only major change I've made is the proc. I changed from a regular 2600 to a moblie 2600, and I reset cmos after the change was made. Anybody got any ideas? Thanks in advance! This is really bumming me out I didn't even get to oc my new mobile that much :(

Edited by hellagood

What type of monitor is it? I had a LCD screen and i noticed that it started to flash a little and hesitate to turn on. After it did this a few times, it just quit running...

Thats a symptom of the dreaded DFI BIOS failure. Check here Here they have a dfi tech on staff. Try holding the insert key in while starting the computer . this sets bios defaults and may help. good luck! :foldon:

I had already replace the proc with the old one. I check the speaker, it's right, still no beeps. I'm using the same monitor now that I use with the DFI. I tried holding the insert key in but nothing happans. One thing I did notice, no lights on my keyboard are lit up, like the num lock key! Anybody know what's up with that?

Thats a symptom of the dreaded DFI BIOS failure. Check here Here they have a dfi tech on staff. Try holding the insert key in while starting the computer . this sets bios defaults and may help. good luck! :foldon:

*chills down spine* I went threw 3 DFI boards before i saw the light (asus), look on the board if you see all 4 lights on...Your screwed. Call up DFI ask for randy he'll hook you up with a new BIOS chip. DFI has really sensitive BIOS' i went threw 3 DFI lan partys before i gave up and went to asus, first leave the battery out over night see if that will work. If it does your lucky if not, youll have to send in your BIOS chip.

Edited by p8baller07