Flucuating Vcore!

Well i hear people say with flucuating Vcores its either a low wattage power supply or its an Asus mobo. I dunno why its flucuating this bad though, From 1.550-1.600

and just keeps going nuts. Is this bad or its normal??

I have the same thing on my P4C800-DLX, 1.55-1.62v idle, 1.52v load. It's just something most 865-875 boards do, but Asus is worse. My computer is still very stable, no crashes or errors.

I know for a fact that it's the board and not my PSU, since it's a Tt 420w, all of my rails are fine except the v-core.

first off, before you OC any further, ditch the stock cooling.

Assuming your vcore is at 1.575, then that's normal. Nothing to worry about. Within 5% is fine.

350W PS

But as for your psu, what brand? As long as you're not overloading the psu with lots of components, then it's not about the watts, but about the stability of the power supply. A good psu is responsive to constantly fluctuating demands on power. Everytime you hear the "scratch scratch" from the hd for instance there's a rapid change in demand on power... the psu should be able to accomodate to that rapidly while at the same time keeping other rails stable with small dips.

There is a mod to fix that. Seems the higher you push it the worse its gets. I agree that if its stable and you aren't O/C'ing any farther, live with it. Although if you at a high 1.8v and getting fluctuations, I would be worried :O you could be hurting your chip.

There is a mod to fix that. Seems the higher you push it the worse its gets. I agree that if its stable and you aren't O/C'ing any farther, live with it. Although if you at a high 1.8v and getting fluctuations, I would be worried :O you could be hurting your chip.

aaaaahhhh don't say that!!!! *strokes his mobile it's ok he didn't mean it* no but seriously what is this mod you talk of cos i fluctuate an i kno it aint my psu but i do kno my board overvolts like crazy

aaaaahhhh don't say that!!!! *strokes his mobile it's ok he didn't mean it* no but seriously what is this mod you talk of cos i fluctuate an i kno it aint my psu but i do kno my board overvolts like crazy

The vcore problem is only on 865/875 chipsets. It doesn't affect AMD chips.

my PSU doesn't really power up anything. 2 cdroms, 1 harddrive, geforce 5700 ultra, and P4 2.4B thats it. And if the Vcore problem is only in those chipsets, im fine then even with the Kingwin PSU i have?I ran Prime 95 for an hour and its ok:) i have other things to do then wait.

Edited by Bboy Satch

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showth...highlight=Droop

Theres the drop mod for the P4C800 Deluxe, but says its for several Asus boards my board fluctuates bad I can have it on 1.675 setting and it will be putting out over 1.8vcore idle it goes down under a load though, I have not worried about mine done away with the vdimm mod and never done the drop mod just set the vcore on 1.625 and then it only reads about 1.75 and underclocked it to a little less than 3.7ghz and let it fold 24/7 2 ver. of folding for months now, but I would get some better cooling, and a good name brand power supply, I will not run anything less than a 300 watt even on a stock amd 2200+ folding 24/7 this is on the 1.675 volt setting and look at what cpuz says

Edited by road-runner

im fine then even with the Kingwin PSU i have?

I'm not familiar with Kingwin, but looks like Kingwin cators to OC'ing (from the looks of the website). I list my psu brand and model in my siggy coz it's a relavent statistic to OC'ing. And doesn't look like you're overloading it... unless there are 20x 5000rpm case fans you failed to mention :P