Atx With Pci Express?

And if the Pentium 64-bit chips work that much faster, you'll want an Intel chip :P. PCI-Ex wasn't created by any one company, as its a standard among all companies like PCI, PCI-X, AGP, etc.

pshh next they will say that Al Gore created the internet...

..oh wait he already said that.

He is such a DOLT (Al that is) :P

I saw that announcment, and right away thought the same thing about the boards. It would be great to play with that technology, I can't wait B)

But to answer the first question, yes ATX will support pci-express i'm pretty sure, as amd said the new 739 socket 64's will support pci-express atx boards.

I've seen socket 739 a couple of times so far and i'm guessing they were misprints. I knew amd had the 754 940 and new 939, but hadn't heard of a 739 before. just googled it and found 2 pages worth of 739, but i think that those sites either misprinted or accidentally mixed the two socket names because doing a search on amd's website for socket 739 or 739 gives no pages with socket 739 in the text, but doing a search on 939 or 754 results in a ton of pages with those socket names. :unsure:

Edited by Trakfast11

I think he did mistype it. The next gen of boards is the 939, haven't read ANYTHING about a 739. I just hope these things down in price relatively fast cause I don't want to pay that much for them. :)

Whats the point of PCI-E if we cant even use the full speed of AGP 8X? (not trying to be hostile just asking)

that's a good point...i dunno....just cause there's people here that want the very best? lol