Asetek Antarctica WaterChill Kit

Bosco

How would you rate this review? (10 being the best)  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this review? (10 being the best)

The review was good up till the testing. Honestly, it's a well known fact that the aero lite is not a good cooler. I think it would have been a better choice to compare it to more heatsinks of higher performance like that of thermalright or even thermaltake. Also comparing to other kits would have been nice but that woulda been time consuming so its understandable you didnt include that.

The review was good up till the testing. Honestly, it's a well known fact that the aero lite is not a good cooler. I think it would have been a better choice to compare it to more heatsinks of higher performance like that of thermalright or even thermaltake. Also comparing to other kits would have been nice but that woulda been time consuming so its understandable you didnt include that.

I would agree with you on both points. However, Matt Mantle did not have another water cooling kit to compare to at the time nor another CPU cooler that is better than the Aero lite.

He reviewed the kit from a point of view, if you were to upgrade to a water cooling kit from air cooling.

Once he reviews another water block, we'll be happy to update the review with it's results and possible results with a better performing heat sink.

Ziggy: As mentioned in the review, the take on this was upgrading from air cooling to watercooling. Considering that the best sink I did have was the Aero 7 Lite, that sort of limited my options. When more watercooling reviews are done, however, we will of course be comparing watercooling against watercooling, since we will have the means to. I'm glad you liked the review up to that point, however.

Special K: Glad you enjoyed it :)

A good review. :D I have a WaterChill kit, and am mabye considering adding an Antarctica block to it.

At Idle I get about 30 deg c. During prime95 I get about 42 deg @ 166x11, 1.65 vcore. Matt is right about the paint on the raidator, mine has a ton of scrachs on it just from trying to get it in the case, 3 times.

A note on the anti algie stuff, its better that just using distiled water, but its still not the best :( , I still had some junk , but less that using distiled water. I had to install the kit several times before getting it right. One of those times I ran it with plain distiled water. Don't do that, do what he says and get some watter wetter.

Guest ThermalGuru

For 220 bucks I would expect more. It's not cooling any better than the Aquarius II system I am using and the Aquarius has smaller Diameter tubes. The kit I use only cost 90 bucks after shipping charges. My Idle temps when sitting overnight are 30.1C. At loads over 2 hours I reach 42-43C. See my signature for computer specs because I'm not using the same hardware as the one in this review.

I would like this Asetek system set up to my VGA card though.

Edited by ThermalGuru

Anti-freeze cools just as good as water, cept is doesn't boil at 100C and doesn't freeze when it gets below 0C. Just a question...In the "Cons" what does it mean by "The Anti-Algae fluid Sucks"?

The Anti-Algae fluid, when properly used the first time the system was filled, didn't do its job - despite that distilled water was used, there was still some buildup.

a lil known mis conception about antifreeze is the fact that it does not cool by itself thats why you have to add water to it because the water is what carries away the heat the antifreeze just keeps the water from boiling