• ->OCC<-
    • |[OCC]|
    • [OCC]
    • OCC|
    • -=[OCC]=-
    • $OCC>
    • -]oCc[-
    • O[[

andrusk, I just think anything more than a simple OCC plus one character separating that from the username are unncessary characters. Names flash across quickly. People don't sit there with their finger holding down TAB examining the names. I know in any game I play I want my name flashing across the screen constantly as i rack up the kills.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, and i think they mustn't be that good if they have to resort to using extra "cool" characters to grab people's attention, rather than use their skill :P

wow. I totally see your point. I have converted to ways of clayness. I shall now go worship you at the alter of clay.

Thank you for showing me the errors of my ways

pfffffff :rolleyes:

i would've surely taken that challenge months ago, but I don't play any online FPS's currently due to my unfortunate dialup restriction. I would play CS online since I've played it on dialup before, and it was eh...but i haven't bothered downloading the new patch and steam. And I already stated that i got the worst lag I've ever seen trying the ut2k4 demo online, which is why i'm not purchasing that game as of now.

anyways, I'm questioning anyone's abilities here, nor do I care...but i will say that with my experience on CS, normally those that use 1337speak in their names are usually the people that are trying to be 1337 but really aren't, while the ones that ARE really 1337 don't have to resort to such overused "tactics" and have rather normal names and clans.

i agree with andrusk on this one.

we use the OCC tag so that we are known as a clan and i think using a nice tag with a few nice signs makes it look better.

and i also disagree with the 1337 speak that people that use it are usually the ones who stink at the game.....have you tried to play UT2004 yet? the people that use the 1337 speak usually are people who spend more time then needed playing UT and they WILL kill you without breaking a sweat :P

I still dont see how it is distracting.  When I play I notice the people that have the complicated names.  Cause usually those are the type of people that are in a clan.

Kinda hard to argue with that logic.That's why I changed my mind and voted-=[OCC]=-.So you guys have Unreal all sewed up,who's gonna be down for BFV?It looks like ayokona,Ghost2520,and me,Did I miss somebody?-EDIT-Seems my BFV only supports 16 spaces for a tag.Hmmmm....

Edited by r_target

i like the plain OCC| .. all the -=[ ]=- has gotten gay i think.. it was too overused and looks too flashy and everything.. its like a ricer tag or something. only noobs need to use ricer tags :P