3700x adrenaline issues

6 hours ago, Fight Game said:

I'm talking about bus speed.  it affects the gpu and any ssd on sata

Hmm you might be onto something.

The PCIE BUS should always been 100 by default. Some manufacturers will have it at 99.7, others 100.5. This would indeed slightly change the clock speed. As an example 100.6*44.5 = 4.476Ghz. But this wouldn't explain the 4.149Ghz unless its its like 100.4*41 = 4.116Ghz. That means the CPU boost multiplier is dropping when a overclock is enabled. My only thoughts on this is the voltage goes up and the CPU heats up causing the CPU to drop the boost clocks.

It takes about 1.3v to sustain 4.3Ghz in Prime95. Even good AIO coolers hit 90c+. 

I still don't think this has anything to do with the video card unless its pumping out hot air all over the CPU heatsink. The VEGA cards are hot cookies and take a lot of power (200-300 Watts). Heck my Red Devil VEGA64 when overclocked draws 360 Watts alone.

Yeah but if you go above 101-102mhz it will break PCIe and many other things. Only extreme overclckers have done 104. It is much easier to use the cpu multiplier these days.

If your overclocking your FSB always lock your PCI bus, I don't remember what MHz we locked in manually depends on your CPU, was a long time ago overclocking socket 775 days, perhaps 133/4 = 33MHz PCI speed, and 101MHz Refclk, @ 3.3V. 

Edited by Braegnok

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...