Sign in to follow this  
jdm_freek

3700x adrenaline issues

I just sold my 2070s for $50 and picked up a vega 56 for $70 in anticipation of big Navi. well the 2070s was paired with a 3700x that I have dialed to 4.475ghz @ 1.38v with no issues well now with the vega 56 as soon as Adrenaline start my OC goes from 4.475ghz to 4.149ghz and i can't figure it out, can you offer any insight

Edited by jdm_freek

I can't see how a video card is related to a CPU overclock. Maybe the OC was reset in the process of installing a new video card and drivers?

Pretty sure the bus speed affects the gpu.  So if it overclocked via the bus, it could get messy with the video card and/or any hard drives/ssd's connected via sata.

3 hours ago, Fight Game said:

Pretty sure the bus speed affects the gpu.  So if it overclocked via the bus, it could get messy with the video card and/or any hard drives/ssd's connected via sata.

If your talking about the infinity clock on Ryzen CPUs, I don't think it does. The whole FSB BUS is a Intel thing. PCIE has its own clock separate from the CPU.

17 hours ago, ir_cow said:

I can't see how a video card is related to a CPU overclock. Maybe the OC was reset in the process of installing a new video card and drivers?

I reinstalled adrenaline but did not enable gpu overclocking and now my 3700x stays at 4.474ghz

but if I enable it it drops it to 4.149ghz, this is weird  

17 hours ago, ir_cow said:

I thought so to but oc is set in bios 

1 hour ago, jdm_freek said:

I reinstalled adrenaline but did not enable gpu overclocking and now my 3700x stays at 4.474ghz

but if I enable it it drops it to 4.149ghz, this is weird  

That is really weird. I haven't experience this.  I have noticed weird things like 3.6Ghz base clock instead of 3.9ghz depending on the drivers I install. I honestly think AMD drivers are always broken in some way. Looks like you found a new bug.