Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jdm_freek

3700x adrenaline issues

Recommended Posts

I just sold my 2070s for $50 and picked up a vega 56 for $70 in anticipation of big Navi. well the 2070s was paired with a 3700x that I have dialed to 4.475ghz @ 1.38v with no issues well now with the vega 56 as soon as Adrenaline start my OC goes from 4.475ghz to 4.149ghz and i can't figure it out, can you offer any insight

Edited by jdm_freek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see how a video card is related to a CPU overclock. Maybe the OC was reset in the process of installing a new video card and drivers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure the bus speed affects the gpu.  So if it overclocked via the bus, it could get messy with the video card and/or any hard drives/ssd's connected via sata.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fight Game said:

Pretty sure the bus speed affects the gpu.  So if it overclocked via the bus, it could get messy with the video card and/or any hard drives/ssd's connected via sata.

If your talking about the infinity clock on Ryzen CPUs, I don't think it does. The whole FSB BUS is a Intel thing. PCIE has its own clock separate from the CPU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ir_cow said:

I can't see how a video card is related to a CPU overclock. Maybe the OC was reset in the process of installing a new video card and drivers?

I reinstalled adrenaline but did not enable gpu overclocking and now my 3700x stays at 4.474ghz

but if I enable it it drops it to 4.149ghz, this is weird  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ir_cow said:

I can't see how a video card is related to a CPU overclock. Maybe the OC was reset in the process of installing a new video card and drivers?

I thought so to but oc is set in bios 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jdm_freek said:

I reinstalled adrenaline but did not enable gpu overclocking and now my 3700x stays at 4.474ghz

but if I enable it it drops it to 4.149ghz, this is weird  

That is really weird. I haven't experience this.  I have noticed weird things like 3.6Ghz base clock instead of 3.9ghz depending on the drivers I install. I honestly think AMD drivers are always broken in some way. Looks like you found a new bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...