Fixes are Available for Windows 10 Users Experiencing Slow Startup Times

gebraset

Windows 10 received a lot of hype before its official release, and while some users have had trouble installing the operating system, the latest version of Windows has received a wealth of praise as more and more people download and install it. Unfortunately, some users are not having the best experience with Windows 10, as the latest Microsoft operating system apparently suffers from slow startup times. This can be due to malware residing on the system, high impact processes that run during startup, as well as the disabling of the fast startup option included in Windows 10. Before downgrading to an earlier version of Windows to solve poor startup performance, those utilizing Windows 10 should follow these steps to help improve their system

In other words, windows 10 may have mallware/viruses coming with it so people buy virus scanners provided by Microsoft so they earn even more money. A bad scam is bad. I believe my theory might hold fruit (read might, i didn't do any research myself, pure speculation here), pure to the fact that people didn't have start up problems prior to windows 10, and when they installed windows 10, they got the "malware". I wonder if people have done some research on this matter, i didn't, so i could as well be wrong on my theory here.

the operating system appears to be spyware itself as it reports your useage and what and when you are on using anything. only some things can be turned off to stop it's spying on you. perhaps the NSA helped install a backdoor to spy even further on you and what and where you go and use your computer?

The boot up time on my laptop is about 3 times longer than with w 8.1, even from sleep mode, not very pleased at all, I don't think I'll be installing on my main pc's, also you have to turn off about 20 things so it don't keep contacting Microsoft about every time you go to the bathroom and even then I'm not sure anything I do on it is private.

The boot up time on my laptop is about 3 times longer than with w 8.1, even from sleep mode, not very pleased at all, I don't think I'll be installing on my main pc's, also you have to turn off about 20 things so it don't keep contacting Microsoft about every time you go to the bathroom and even then I'm not sure anything I do on it is private.

My laptop and desktop both boot quicker on Windows 10 than 8.1, both cold and returning from sleep. Desktop has an SSD, laptop does not, and both are similar.

Virus and malware scans are just common sense and something everyone should do periodically, regardless of OS used.

@Weeny, where does it say from Microsoft? It says reputable, so something like ESET in that regard. Don't bother with your weird rumor spreading.

When you come up with a crazy idea about Microsoft providing anti-virus for people to buy to stop Windows 10 from being loaded with viruses right off the bat, it doesn't really fit with anything else. Not much of a theory unless you're a conspiracy nut.

why would you need to run a virus scan on a brand new, fresh install of windows OS 10, lol. 

I got a better idea, if your computer is over 4 years old, don't upgrade to windows 10 for a few months until there are drivers for your hardware. 

Edited by potatochobit

My upgraded to W10 PC boots at about the same speed as when it had W8.1, might even be faster if I was bothered to reinstall/do a fresh install and if I use that fast start thing(can't get into Bios tho on this motherboard, too fast I think). Did the article mention fresh installs? Only saw it talking about upgraded version, might be some conflicts they're experiencing, I dunno. I'm surprised it's gone well for me despite my usually annoying issues with computers >.<

Edited by DanTheGamer11

I've upgraded over 70 desktops from W7 to W10 since 7-29-15 all without any malware/viruses issues,.. boot time depends on start menu settings.

Edited by Braegnok

I think this is related to upgrade install from windows 7 /8/8.1 .. Not sure its subjected to a fresh install..

In between, I did read Microsoft can disable pirated games and unauthorized hardware on computers in windows 10...