Star Wars: The Force Awakens

El_Capitan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aUmGx.png

Cannot. Wait.

So many things to consider with these teases! The remodeled TIE Fighters, X-Wings, armor, everything..  who will be the Dark Sider...  who that Stormtrooper becomes...  the Darktroopers apparently make an appearance... so many things!

• 6 months later...

I think as long as they keep the pace of the movie the same as in A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back, it'll be good. The pace of Return of the Jedi and the prequels were really slow. They need to keep it as a space adventure, and not delve into the finer details of politics, historical societies, and other boring and pointless stuff. Those can be expanded in cartoons, games, and books. They also need to move away from the Rebellion vs The Empire. The Rebels won. Two Death Stars, the Emperor, and Darth Vader, the most powerful weapons and individuals in the galaxy are now gone. They need a new story with an even bigger threat. Instead, there's going to be the same old story, but with weaker threats.

I'm going into this movie knowing as little as I can about the plot and characters. It's how I often like to see movies (limited to no exposure to trailers or summaries from those who've seen it)

We'll see how that works with this movie.

• 3 weeks later...

I really hate that they deleted the expanded universe, those stories were amazing! They should have used that for the next 3 movies going forward. But I guess we will see when it comes out.

I really hate that they deleted the expanded universe, those stories were amazing! They should have used that for the next 3 movies going forward. But I guess we will see when it comes out.

The EU did start to get convoluted after a while, but the Yuuzhan Vong war and the Darth Caedus stories were fantastic. Can't forget the Thrawn trilogy either.

I think pulling from any of those would set up for a massive disappointment, especially trying to condense the massive Vong series into three movies. Thrawn would make a little more sense, but the timeframe would have to be advanced for it to better fit the ages of the original cast. Plus anyone who read those books would know how it plays out. New story means no idea how anything will work out, which is always nice to have.

Spotted the first asian guy on Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer. It's Ken Leung! Hopefully, it won't be some random asian guy on screen for 4 seconds saying, "I'm hit!", then showing how bad asian pilots are. I mean, come on, at least Kamikaze into something!