New Pc Build AMD+AMD

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warweeny take off your fanboy hat for a moment and look at what I wrote, in EXPERIENCE the differance is hard to notice. I put an A10 6800K at stock next to an i7 4770K at stock and both using a 7970 video card. We cranked up a number of games with a few shooters, RPGs and strategy games and set the same detail levels at 1080 and NO ONE that walked by could tell the difference in actual game play.

Sure benchmarks show a difference but benchmarks seldom relfect the real world experience. Based on the build he is doing switching to a larger video card or more RAM will have a more NOTICABLE impact than the CPU upgrade. Now if his favorite past time is benchmarking then you are 100% right and Intel is the only thing that makes sense but actually using the computer the difference is lot less than most believe.

Numbers don't lie.

Never said numbers lie I said the personal experience however does not bear out the numbers. As for the so called CPU intensive games we used in our blind test Skyrim (which shows in benchmarks a clear up tick but not in game experience), Neverwinter (same as Skyrim), Civilization V and quite a few others. Benchmarks show a clear win for Intel, no doubt about it but the EXPERIENCE difference is just not there. An AMD based system has the same fun factor as an Intel.

Now let me make my position clear, I personally do not see the point of the AMD FX chips. I like SFF builds and the FX for me is useless choice. The APU is a better option at the value end and Intel wins at the price point of $150 and up. I am not disputing the the choice of Intel. I am disputing the crap spewing that buying an AMD based solution will some how hurt your gaming experience so much as to be vile. The OP had a limited budget and was working within in it, my point was that instead of jumping up the CPU for a better gaming exeprience his money would get more experience for the buck by bumping the GPU and the RAM to 8 gig. That is FACTUAL and I stand by that.

Yes, let's go run some benches to show me what I personally will never notice lol. You are right, it has been proven, that's not my point. My point is that the difference is not even something anyone will notice, even in most games and the games it is noticeable in, it will still be noticeable on both.Lol

Ignoring reality doesn't change it.

The differences are noticable to the naked eye, and no, they don't always manifest on both vendor's CPUs.

Read up a bit on frame latency and how CPUs perform in the most difficult of frames. Continue to call me a fanboy if you wish but I guarantee I've owned more AMD CPUs than you...I just can't ignore the difference these days. :lol:

Warweeny take off your fanboy hat for a moment and look at what I wrote, in EXPERIENCE the differance is hard to notice. I put an A10 6800K at stock next to an i7 4770K at stock and both using a 7970 video card. We cranked up a number of games with a few shooters, RPGs and strategy games and set the same detail levels at 1080 and NO ONE that walked by could tell the difference in actual game play.

Sure benchmarks show a difference but benchmarks seldom relfect the real world experience. Based on the build he is doing switching to a larger video card or more RAM will have a more NOTICABLE impact than the CPU upgrade. Now if his favorite past time is benchmarking then you are 100% right and Intel is the only thing that makes sense but actually using the computer the difference is lot less than most believe.

Numbers don't lie.

Never said numbers lie I said the personal experience however does not bear out the numbers. As for the so called CPU intensive games we used in our blind test Skyrim (which shows in benchmarks a clear up tick but not in game experience), Neverwinter (same as Skyrim), Civilization V and quite a few others. Benchmarks show a clear win for Intel, no doubt about it but the EXPERIENCE difference is just not there. An AMD based system has the same fun factor as an Intel.

Skyrim, neverwinter, and civilization aren't exactly CPU intensive lol.

Try running watchdogs or an mmo in a very busy place (Final fantasy 14 Mor Dhona for example, you could try TERA as well in the first big city you go to) and then we can talk about this "experience" and "look of the naked eye" of yours.

And like Waco said, it is also more than just the frames pushed out, frame latency is a thing these days and it is quite noticeable.

Skyrim is actually pretty easy to pick out on an AMD chip since it's pretty sensitive to per-core speed.

Until you slap a 7970 on it, then it becomes redundant as the GPU will do most of the work for it then :P

Thanks to the 7970, skyrim runs on 60+fps, no matter the CPU, unless it is a REALLY outdated processor.

Lol core 2 duo, still I am gonna upgrade my psu later and first hand concern is my cpu and next problem is choosing chipset 970 or 760g

Don't say I didn't warn you....your last concern should be CPU/motherboard, that's currently your strongest point of your machine.

Leave the price to me ???? I see that as told by my uncle (pc parts shop) that amd has no market presence at where I am, so there's no resale value of any kind even my i3 will sell because of intel's name i3 is popular among people so it's gonna sell easy so as you stated earlier that buying an amd I'm not gonna see any performance improvements in gaming (all I do from pc) I see no point in buying amd as at first I was gonna buy amd bcz I thought I'm gonna see performance gain in amd gaming let's leave anything else like gpu, ram and all lets talk now only about processor which one will be better