AMD APU in 2015?

While I don't have any useful information to add to this thread, as I haven't heard anything about APUs being released next year, the name of the game here is efficiency. With an APU, it's hard to beat the performance per watt for the price that APUs offer. That's why they interest me, because for the little amount of money they cost, they deliver excellent processing and graphical performance. Dedicated GPUs of course offer the best performance, but APUs have their place in the market, especially for a light to medium gaming unit that can be used as an HTPC.

A 750 Ti and just about any Intel chip will excel at both duties IMO.

But not in price :P

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll gladly pay a few dollars more for massively better performance. :P

You can spare the $$$, i can't ;P

Has this just become a begging thread? lol

No lol,

Like i said in the OP, i do not have a decent budget to go dedicated gpu and Intel processor.

That is why i was asking for the next-gen APU's so i can build a BUDGET build :P

Where did you see me asking for money/donations in my comments?

I just state the facts that i do not have the money to get stuff that is miles better, nothing "begging" about that...

Nah I was just keeeeeeding, but I'd say why not wait a bit more until you can afford a worthwhile gaming machine.

Well, i am not really consent with my current laptop as well (i needed one for review editing purposes, and it can do that just fine, but that is about all it can do lol), So i want to get a decent system as soon as i can afford one. If my finances get better later on, i can always upgrade if needed.

Nah I was just keeeeeeding, but I'd say why not wait a bit more until you can afford a worthwhile gaming machine.

Well, i am not really consent with my current laptop as well (i needed one for review editing purposes, and it can do that just fine, but that is about all it can do lol), So i want to get a decent system as soon as i can afford one. If my finances get better later on, i can always upgrade if needed.

Yeah but why consider something "good enough" when you should aim for the best value when it truthfully wouldn't cost much more.

Yeah but why consider something "good enough" when you should aim for the best value when it truthfully wouldn't cost much more.

100 euro more is quite a bit of money lol.

The thing is, i can only save an x amount each month, and by the time i have a decent budget, i want to make my system, since i am quite limited to what i can do now. Four months longer waiting doesn't sound long, but when you cannot even watch netflix or play a decent game for four months, it is becoming quite a chore.

Hmm there is an rumour article on wwcftech  saying that Carrizo might be on desktop in 2016 not 2015 like the mobile parts 

Sigh, by the time it is 2016, i probably have enough saved up for a complete desktop overhaul lol.

Thanks for sharing the info.

I built a APU rig for the in-laws for the soul propose of facebook and facebook games. It does that just fine but i can't see it ever really competing against a dedicated card unless the jaguar shows up on PCs.