I am up for a HUGE promotion at work.

GabrielT

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't get the job, they chose an outside hire instead of me. 

I'm finding something new and quitting. 

That sucks. Don't worry, as long as you have the willpower and drive, you'll get where you'll want to be.

Didn't get the job, they chose an outside hire instead of me. 

I'm finding something new and quitting.

Damn sorry to hear that!

Why do you have to find your replacement, screw em, let them sort that out, I'd just leave or two weeks notice...let their "so much more capable" new manager handle the place now

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Thanks for all of the support guys, when I leave they are going to be hosed for awhile but I'm not in any hurry to screw over my co-workers. 

I got a lead on another job. I plan on following my manager over to her new work and ride her coattails to my fortune!

Thanks for all of the support guys, when I leave they are going to be hosed for awhile but I'm not in any hurry to screw over my co-workers. 

I got a lead on another job. I plan on following my manager over to her new work and ride her coattails to my fortune!

Yeah it's that fine line...but you should look out for you, obviously your employer (or soon to be, previous employer) only cares about themselves. Do you!

You can't think of it that way. Your employer is screwing over your co-workers.

That's a good plan. ;)