Windows 10 Revealed

InCrYsIs

I just ordered new Computer Hardware from all over the web last week.  Everything has arrived but my new copy of Windows 8.1.  I had a clue last week that Windows 10 would be a free replacement.  Since 8.1 is going for so cheap, I figured to save a few bucks and live with it Until 10 releases.  My actions seem to have paid off.  :D  Thanks for the Info.

Edited by Kwok

I just ordered new Computer Hardware from all over the web last week.  Everything has arrived but my new copy of Windows 8.1.  I had a clue last week that Windows 10 would be a free replacement.  Since 8.1 is going for so cheap, I figured to save a few bucks and live with it Until 10 releases.  My actions seem to have paid off.  :D  Thanks for the Info.

Not a bad idea there. Win 8.1 is alright once you get things settled with it, but won't be an issue for too long when you jump to Win 10.

@IVI, good. :lol:

Sweet you can stream Xbox One to PC. I hope they let you use any controller on the PC too much of a hassle to move the Xbox One controller between rooms. Also expensive to buy another one.

I'd like to see if there is any performance hit using the Game DVR. Be a nice option thats hardware independent and free.

The Minecraft visualization in HoloLens commercial looked pretty sweet. Hope that works out for them.

Edited by WhenKittensATK

• 2 weeks later...

Installed Windows 10 Tech Preview on my main PC for the hell of it. It somehow summoned every pre-existing Google Chrome bug, I've never experienced before haha. Ended up re-installing Chrome 5 times before it worked like normal.

They also disabled anonymous/guest logins for network drives. Which is okay, but they don't even give an option for you to enter your credentials like Windows 7. There is a regedit workaround: Using REGEDIT it's necessary to create a DWORD value called 'AllowInsecureGuestAuth' in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters and set this new value to 1. A reboot will also be necessary.

As far as gaming haven't noticed any differences. As expected, companies haven't released drivers for Windows 10 like ASUS for Xonar DG (bypassed with ASUS Unified drivers). Also had a funky glitch with Logitech G700S where you couldn't click on anything, but that maybe an issue with the mouse. I had the same problem on Windows 7 sometimes when its switching between wired and wireless mode. I got everything else installed even my Chinese Audio-gd USB DAC.

I like that they added multiple desktop screens, but they aren't as straight forwarded as on Linux with little boxes for each. Haven't messed around with Cortana yet and no Xbox One app in this build either.

Edited by WhenKittensATK