Which Monitor Would You Choose

Monitor Choice  

31 members have voted

1. 1. If it was free which of the following would you choose?

• 24" 1080 with a 144 refresh
    • 27" 1440 with a 60 refresh
    • 29" Ultrawide 2560x1080 with a 60 refresh

Can I vote for none since 1080p 60hz isn't on the list . These higher refresh rate monitors give me a headace as they often "fake" the extra frames. If the monitor has real 144hz than maybe....

Funny thing I was playing boardlands 2 the other day and I had to cap it at 30fps because I couldn't handle the quick repsonse time / fps of GTX Titans in SLI lol .

Noob ! 

If I had to most likely the  27 inch 1440. 

I have been using a 2560x1600 30 inch monitor for about 5 years now and just cant work with the widescreen views. 

If it were free, I'd go with the 29 inch wide, I've gotten pretty used to the 47" HDTV I've been using (although I've had to set it to underscan, and I do get a bit of input lag)

I'd personally prefer a good pair of big high res CRT's over a flat panel any day of the week, the 22" NEC Multisyncs I have are attached to le girlfriends computer now, I miss my behemoths.

Sony Artisan, or a good Viewsonic or Mitsubishi 21"+ running at 2048x1536 @~85hz would be perfect

It is really interesting to watch this same poll on different forums have different results. On another forum the vote is split evenly amongst all three choices, yet another the 1440 choice has a massive lead.

These higher refresh rate monitors give me a headace as they often "fake" the extra frames. If the monitor has real 144hz than maybe....

Only TVs do this, and only some of them. No computer monitor "fakes" frames...

As a 27" X-Star owner...I'd not change my decision.