Titanfall Review

Game reviews? But no review on how it performs with overclocking? :P

It's not our (or even my) first game review :P.

As I explain in the review, the PC version is currently capped at 60 FPS, which is easily attainable with any modern setting (yay, Source Engine), so overclocking would have no impact. You CAN unlock the cap with a little finagling, but it causes stuttering and latency issues, so it's not advisable. Respawn may be unlocking the cap in the future or at the very least raising it to support 120Hz monitors, so we'll see. But because it's online-only and thus a dynamic experience every time, benching it with any reliability would not be easy...not unless they update it with an in-game benchmark tool.

I would like to see benchmarks on how it stands up. I know this ones based on source engine and not demanding at all. Even so, not everyone has $500 video cards.

I would like to see benchmarks on how it stands up. I know this ones based on source engine and not demanding at all. Even so, not everyone has $500 video cards.

Dave, Frank, and I have already discussed it, but because it's dynamic, benching wouldn't provide reliable results even with an unlocked frame rate. Other sites may feel differently, but we only bench games where the experience can be captured the same every time so the comparisons can be clearly made.

Nice review. Game did get boring for me unfortunately and seems to be slowly dying. I am sad that I did not jump in and complete the campaign early on since I have tried numerous times to get enough players in a lobby so I could do It and get the unlocks with no success. Big turn off for me having to complete a campaign to get unlocks anyway, I almost never complete any campaign in any game. Also don't care for the gooser challenges that a lot of people are obsessed with, never was big on that type of thing.

I would love this game with a no titan mode but that will never happen since it is Titanfall lol.

Nice review. Game did get boring for me unfortunately and seems to be slowly dying. I am sad that I did not jump in and complete the campaign early on since I have tried numerous times to get enough players in a lobby so I could do It and get the unlocks with no success. Big turn off for me having to complete a campaign to get unlocks anyway, I almost never complete any campaign in any game. Also don't care for the gooser challenges that a lot of people are obsessed with, never was big on that type of thing.

I would love this game with a no titan mode but that will never happen since it is Titanfall lol.

Thanks :). Friend me on Origin (ClayMeow) if you decide to play again and want some more bodies for campaign...maybe it'd make it easier.

It's interesting that you bring up that latter point though - I've seen a few people say they wanted a "Pilot Hunter" mode without Titans, but I personally don't get that. If it's just pilots, then doesn't it turn it into every other FPS?

I want this game but I just can't see spending $80 on a game right now, might as well buy the Digital Deluxe Edition.

Amazon was selling it for around $40, which I feel is the perfect price point for the game. Unfortunately there's been no sale on the DDE, nor the Season Pass on its own, though I can understand why since the first DLC of the Season Pass hasn't been released yet (and hasn't even received a release date, for that matter)...people who bought it would probably be pissed if it was discounted before they got anything.

• 2 weeks later...