Motherboard make and model

Memory make, model, size

CPU make and model

Video card make and model

Power supply make and model

Monitor make and model

CPU cooling solution

Are any of your components overclocked?

Then grab the following programs to monitor both cpu and gpu temperatures under heavy load;

CPUz

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

GPUz

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

CPU Q6600.  The CPU Temps are 67C The Board, not that it matters is at 39C

The problem occur at idle and load.  The PSU is not ancient.

I didn't know there was GPU-Z, this is helpful.  The temps for the GPU are 104C.

Edited by WhiteBear

and what is the ambient temp? overclock on cpu? 67 load or idle? last time you replaced tim? psu like wev asked? I had a 7950GX2 that wasn't getting enough juice(or I believe so) and was often reaching 110+C... that and it was a crap card, silly nVidia

Edited by DanTheGamer11

CPU Q6600.  The CPU Temps are 67C The Board, not that it matters is at 39C

The problem occur at idle and load.  The PSU is not ancient.

I didn't know there was GPU-Z, this is helpful.  The temps for the GPU are 104C.

The percentage of the fans running is at 92%.

The 104C for the GPU, is that at load or idle ?

And if you are on desktop with no open apps, is the GPU usage percentage between 0-10% ?

104C is too hot for the GPU to be sitting there at idle.  When you say idle I'm assuming that you're referring to "desktop" idle with nothing using gpu cycles (or not supposed to be any way).

Open up GPUz and click on the "Sensors" tab.  Let it sit there for a second to settle in (idle at desktop) and observe your GPU Load.  At idle it should be at or near zero load.  Is that what you see?

If your gpu processor is really sitting at idle and the resulting gpu core temperature is 104C that is definitely too hot and probably explains the problem you're having.

If GPUz indicates a GPU Load even if you're sitting at an idle desktop, you've possibly got a nasty working in the background.

Keep us updated on your findings and we'll eventually get it figured out.

I'd also like to clarify your report on the "ambient" temperature.  You said 72C...............  Is that what you're measuring inside the case or are you trying to tell us that your room temperature is 72C.  If you claim that as your room temperature, you need to check your thermometer because it's nearly impossible that your room temperature is 72C - unless you and your PC are both in an oven.

No, you didn't this is the first time you stated the ambient, and it most certainly is not 72C unless you live somewhere way hotter than Death Valley :/

Anyways, Like wev said, way too hot for idle, post a screenshot of the GPUz page to give us more info.

lol! I thought you really were living near the sun 

Please post a screenshot of the GPUz sensors page after it's running for like a minute on the desktop idle, you can crop it so only that is showing and upload it here since it logs the data. But idling 103C is way too high, even my 7950GX2 wouldn't reach 103C on idle. It would reach 115C/120C though  :teehee:

Edited by DanTheGamer11