Start Button Menu Windows 8

road-runner

I bit the bullet and bought Start8. I like it, feels very authentic with plenty of customization options. Plus windows boots right into the desktop.

I bit the bullet and bought Start8. I like it, feels very authentic with plenty of customization options. Plus windows boots right into the desktop.

It makes life easier, just think if m$ simply did something like this at the start you might now have that many people complaining about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Stardock is running a freeware promo,.. you can get Start8 free after purchasing ModernMix for $4.99.

http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/modernmixpromo/

I've tried most of the free start button apps and disliked all of them  :yucky:

Start8 is by far the most stable and has the best interface.

Edited by Braegnok

I think you can get it by updating it to 8.1 (BLUE). No app needed

yea i have the 8.1 pro preview,...it is pretty cool,...start button included ;)

The past couple weeks I've been running the 8.1 preview build 9431 on a old Clevo laptop with i7-640M chip,.. and I'm starting to like it. :ouch:

The Windows media player does not work on preview,. but VLC works fine and the embedded Adobe Flash Player needed to be updated to ver.11.9.900.117 but after updating and disabling Enhanced Protected Mode add-on compatibility,.. everything is vary snappy & works vary well,..I will buy full ver. 8.1 Pro 64-Bit when the preview expires. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2864914

Edited by Braegnok

no media player ?, huh, that's weird,...this one had it included and it all works fine as far as i can tell...maybe because I upgraded from win8 w/media plyr...idk but it works good...

Yea, I upgraded from Win 7 Pro 32-bit,.. and used the iso disk image to install 8.1 Pro 64-bit preview,.. so it does not transfer files, settings. After buying full ver. all apps will work fine,..  8.1 seems to have all the things I liked about 8 and none of the things I disliked.

So far it is vary stable & fast OS,..  I also upgraded my memory from 2GB up to 8GB when I switched to 64-bit. :D

Edited by Braegnok