Asus Sabertooth Z77 or Asus Maximus V Gene

Yeah, I know you're going to ask me if I am into mATX or ATX but the motherboard size is not a problem with me. Just want to know what's the best of the two in overall feautures.

Thanks!

It's hard to make a head to head comparison in feature set because both boards battle it out in different areas.  I'll try and detail the differences the best I can;

Gene

Higher mfg. supported memory overclocking

PCIe x4

Gene - 1 / Sabretooth - 0

Mini Card Slot

Gene - 1 / Sabretooth - 0

SATA 3Gb/s

Gene - 2 / Sabretooth - 4

Audio

Gene - SupremeFX III / Sabretooth - Realtek ALC892

eSATA

Gene - 1 3Gb/s / Sabretooth - 2 6Gb/s

USB

Gene - 4 USB 2.0 / Sabretooth - 6 USB 2.0

I think that covers the primary differences other than power design and size of board.  If I didn't specifically mention it above the feature set for each board is the same or similar.  If I've missed anything everyone please feel free to chime in.

I'm not a huge fan of mATX boards unless I'm building HTPCs.  Otherwise I use a full size board for the extra real estate, especially for multi-gpu builds.

Thanks for the reply wevsspot!

Currently using 2600k and Sabertooth Z77 in watercooled. I was thinking to trade my sabertooth to maximus v gene here in my country. Having mid tower (Arc Midi) still fine using the maximus v gene, if i'll trade my sabertooth, sooner im going to get new mATX case (probably Define Mini). One thing im concern in shifting to mATX are the radiators (360mm).

Thanks again!

If you plan on going multiple GPUS, the Sabertooth has tons of spacing between PCIE ports. It looks sick too, I saw a guy paint the shield white and it looked amazing with hard line WC and white Mayhems.

I also have a sabretooth z77 (3770k) in my main gamming rig, nice board and plenty of room, I have 2 x GTX670's a wirless card and a sound card tucked into that system without any issues :)  (and still have a pcie 1x slot availible).

I have an older gene x68 with a 2600k in it and it's been a good system as well.

It all depends on what kind of system your building, if your case fits an ATX us a an ATX...

Both are solid boards and will net you roughtly the same overclocks, If the ultimate goal is to fit your system into a smaller case then the GENE is the best option. As far as radiators in a chassis the board is not going to limit the size of your Rads. That limitation comes is directly related to the chassis.