(CNN) - Obama said Friday that "Trayvon Martin could have been me

wevsspot

There is plenty of discourse among the Harley riders that I know concerning the matter of how we perceive, interact and treat people that choose to ride another brand or type of bike.  Many of us (like me) think that as long as you ride, and as long as you enjoy riding, then it doesn't matter what horse you're on.

But for sure there are plenty that carry a chip around on their shoulder. 

Yeah, I just stand my ground and defend myself if they try to convince me otherwise. I practice the agree to disagree way of thinking haha. I'd ride with anyone though

You can turn up, but that doesn't mean I'd claim to know you   :)

You enjoy your comfort and I'll enjoy my nimbleness :P

My dad has a BMW motorcycle and makes fun of the Harley riders. Everyone just needs to feel better than others I guess  :rolleyes:

I don't make fun of others, I just state facts if others try and hate on it. It's not like mine is top of the line, only a 250cc inline twin pumping under my fairings but I'm not a big guy and I'll ride it into the ground before I get my 300 or 600.

Speaking of bikes anyone want to buy an 87 Honda Magna? :D

No but I knew a guy at Subway that had one of them, what engine?

the 87s had the 700CC and 88s had the 750s with the end of the embargo.

Speaking of bikes anyone want to buy an 87 Honda Magna? :D

No but I knew a guy at Subway that had one of them, what engine?

the 87s had the 700CC and 88s had the 750s with the end of the embargo.

Oh nice, my dad has an '85 700cc Interceptor and that's fun as hell (they're probably VERY similar, engine wise). I love the unique sound those V4's make, good luck with the sale!

Good job Phil  :)

All of my previous "youngster" bikes were Japanese.  My first bike was a Honda 400/4 that I bought my junior year of high school.  Had a bad wreck on that bike and didn't ride again until my early 20s.  I bought a Kawasaki KZ700, and later traded that bike for a KZ1000.  And later traded that bike for a GPZ1100.

I had only been on a Harley one time before when I swapped bikes with a co-worker and rode his '81 Harley XFB Sturgis and he rode my KZ700 on a short 100 mile trip.

I was actually looking at Victory bikes when I bought the Harley FXDC.  While I'm not a hard core "biker", me and Mrs. enjoy hitting the various biker events here in Arkansas and in neighboring states.  One cool thing on the Harley scene, if you have a larger local dealer, they always have something going on.  Customer appreciation parties, group rides and our local shop even has a beer and burger joint next to the dealership where they put outdoor concerts on during the riding season.

There is just always something going on if you want to ride.

Fair enough, my dad has been saying for a while: "Maybe it's my time to get a Harley" (He's 65 now) so maybe there's something to moving on to a cruiser/Harley later in life 

Don't be hatin just because you're not yet man enough to handle a Harley, LOL.

Wow, the quote thing just isn't working for me.  :(

Edited by Phil

Fair enough, my dad has been saying for a while: "Maybe it's my time to get a Harley" (He's 65 now) so maybe there's something to moving on to a cruiser/Harley later in life 

Don't be hatin just because you're not yet man enough to handle a Harley, LOL.

Wow, the quote thing just isn't working for me.  :(

What's a matter old timer, quote got your tongue?? :teehee:

Edited by IVIYTH0S