(CNN) - Obama said Friday that "Trayvon Martin could have been me

wevsspot

The bottom line is this.  We will always have race problems in this country and the world in fact.  Hate and violence toward others is part of humanity.  Be the best human you can be but in the end we all have to put up with this as long as we live.  Things really have not improved since the 60's.  We are "trained" to believe they have.

I can see Wevs stirring this pot well. MY turn.

The verdit has been met by a fair trial by ones peers by the blind eyes of the justice system. So therefore the people that do not see this verdict as the proper decision do not seek justice through blind eyes... Am i not correct.

Does it really matter what race he was.. Incorrect. Its the motive that matters. The kid went to attack the man, the man feared for his life, so he shot him to defent his life.... Why does this make people angry.

So one youth is dead. There are hundreds of people that die ever day in true cold blood. The question remains why are we worried about this.

Is it just me or is this going towards anti gun laws directly in an indirect way? 

You know I went to watch that Video of obama adressing the nation... About the forth time I heard "The African American Community" I realized it was not addressed to me, so I turned it off. Is it just me or is Obama encouraging a seperate but equal shenanigan? On that note, I'm out!

Well of course there is an element of furthering gun control.

And of course racism is alive and well in the USA.  However, there are many layers of prejudice, and it is simplistic to focus on just one.  If a soccer mom is in an elevator and a teenage male gets in with baggy pants halfway down his legs showing his underwear, a basewball cap on sideways and sporting his best "uh hu, I'm a badass" look, how much does it matter what his race is?  When I was a teenager, I've had store owners give me the eye when I came in.  When I was still in my teens I rode a Harley cross country by myself, and on more than one occassion was locked out of a restaurant.  People react negatively to many things, race is only one.

LOL, when I went cross country, it wasn't long after the movie "Easy Rider".  People were still associating Harley riders with that movie.

I only dislike *oftentimes* that harley riders look down on jap bike riders (like myself), even if they're friendly about. At the very least I usually get a, "why not a Harley"? I'd ride American bikes if they were actually affordable, light, good on gas, fast, and could turn...

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I only dislike that harley riders look down on jap bike riders (like myself). I'd ride American bikes if they were actually affordable, light, good on gas, fast, and could turn...

I don't ride myself, but I know quite a lot of people who ride in groups with ALL sorts of types and makes.

but of course theres just as many who are the exact opposite.

It really comes down to the idea that is integral to this thread, unfortunately most people have some sort of -ism.

Be it racism, classism, sexism, ableism and yes elitism as well.

Some people like a thing/idea and might even be good at a thing and see that thing as the best thing, the problem occurs when you have people from that group who bring it upon themselves to let you know that thing that you like is either not as good, that you can not like that thing or to demean you, ostracize you and in cases of extreme assholery to physically harm you.

There will always be people like this.

Edited by Andrewr05

I only dislike that harley riders look down on jap bike riders (like myself). I'd ride American bikes if they were actually affordable, light, good on gas, fast, and could turn...

I don't ride myself, but I know quite a lot of people who ride in groups with ALL sorts of types and makes.

but of course theres just as many who are the exact opposite.

It really comes down to the idea that is integral to this thread, unfortunately most people have some sort of -ism.

Be it racism, classism, sexism, ableism and yes elitism as well.

Some people like a thing/idea and might even be good at a thing and see that thing as the best thing, the problem occurs when you have people from that group who bring it upon themselves to let you know that thing that you like is either not as good, that you can not like that thing or to demean you, ostracize you and in cases of extreme assholery to physically harm you.

There will always be people like this.

Yeah we can't stop it. I edited my post too, to be more specific

There is plenty of discourse among the Harley riders that I know concerning the matter of how we perceive, interact and treat people that choose to ride another brand or type of bike.  Many of us (like me) think that as long as you ride, and as long as you enjoy riding, then it doesn't matter what horse you're on.

But for sure there are plenty that carry a chip around on their shoulder. 

There is plenty of discourse among the Harley riders that I know concerning the matter of how we perceive, interact and treat people that choose to ride another brand or type of bike. Many of us (like me) think that as long as you ride, and as long as you enjoy riding, then it doesn't matter what horse you're on.

So would you mind if I turned up at at a meet in a 150 cc italica scooter? :lol:

There is plenty of discourse among the Harley riders that I know concerning the matter of how we perceive, interact and treat people that choose to ride another brand or type of bike. Many of us (like me) think that as long as you ride, and as long as you enjoy riding, then it doesn't matter what horse you're on.

So would you mind if I turned up at at a meet in a 150 cc italica scooter? :lol:

Thats funny... you know most of the poeple that want Harleys dont really know why they want them other than they have a friend with one... other than that they have no clue. Same with any other brand. Most of the bikers around here dont care what you ride as long as you do ride and ride safely and not like an idiot.

I dont have very many Harley friends at all.... most of them are all about bar hopping and stuff like that and most just cant keep up....and my bike isnt that fast...