[Build Log] Blue's New MACHINE!

BluePanda

So drove her to CO to see the BLUE family...haha I made a punny. Finally figured out her problem!! 

The steering every now and then decides to stick to one direction and pull either a little left or a little right. Was worried it was the stearing rack and was kinda waiting for it to get worse before figuring it out since it was hard to pin point.

Decided to check the shocks -- Dad used to be a mechanic so has a little sense to cars yet (his idea). Turns out the passenger strut mount is DESTROYED!! It has an oblong hole in it where the strut wobbles about. The last guy crammed some washers in there to "help" -- but needless to say didn't cut it.

SO!!!! Guess what BP GOT?!?!?!

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So drove her to CO to see the BLUE family...haha I made a punny. Finally figured out her problem!! 

The steering every now and then decides to stick to one direction and pull either a little left or a little right. Was worried it was the stearing rack and was kinda waiting for it to get worse before figuring it out since it was hard to pin point.

Decided to check the shocks -- Dad used to be a mechanic so has a little sense to cars yet (his idea). Turns out the passenger strut mount is DESTROYED!! It has an oblong hole in it where the strut wobbles about. The last guy crammed some washers in there to "help" -- but needless to say didn't cut it.

I would have to say there will be some new adjustable coilovers on the way...

Oh yeah, the green is a pretty sweet look on that beast btw.

Edited by the_dude

I would have to say there will be some new adjustable coilovers on the way...

lol. Full new suspension set -- but not quiet adjustable. I'll drop 1.9" in the front and 2.0" in the back...she could use the squat...

I'm excited to see how handling will change from these poor stock 134k miles plus...

To be specific, it's a full Ford Racing SVT setup (same shocks, bushings, etc) just with lower springs and a bit higher spring rate to make up for it. Should handle nicely. :)

I have 3:73 gears it in, but when I changed everything it holds better off the line but cornering man its like its on rails. It cornered alright with Pirelli tires, I switched to Hankook V12's huge difference. Changed out the springs and bushings its like a whole new car :)

Next time try the Nitto NT555s. They're a bit softer in the sidewall; but they're quieter and very sticky. I have them on the 'vette after trying them out on the Cobalt. :) Just be aware that they can feel a bit...distant...in high G turns.

The V12s are the ones I had on the Cobalt too (after the Pirelli P-Zeros), I loved them. :)

I have 3:73 gears it in, but when I changed everything it holds better off the line but cornering man its like its on rails. It cornered alright with Pirelli tires, I switched to Hankook V12's huge difference. Changed out the springs and bushings its like a whole new car :)

It's a stang...you'll never corner...hahahaha. Hankooks are good tires -- Waco had some on the Cobalt -- IIRC those are the first one's I roasted...

I'm more excited for parts now. 

The green looks better than I thought on the car. Mustangs can be setup for some brutal handling when done correctly. 

The Hankook tires I have on the CC are a bit noisy but not as bad as the Continentals it came with. Handling in the rain is markedly improved.  

The green looks better than I thought on the car. Mustangs can be setup for some brutal handling when done correctly. 

The Hankook tires I have on the CC are a bit noisy but not as bad as the Continentals it came with. Handling in the rain is markedly improved.  

The green is AMAZING is what you meant to say. lol. I'll get some better pictures this weekend. It's dark when we get home. I've got to update this thread a bit anywho...lot's of pretty to include.

I did hit up this amazing Junk Yard while we were in CO -- have to share those stories as well...

Next time try the Nitto NT555s. They're a bit softer in the sidewall; but they're quieter and very sticky. I have them on the 'vette after trying them out on the Cobalt. :) Just be aware that they can feel a bit...distant...in high G turns.

The V12s are the ones I had on the Cobalt too (after the Pirelli P-Zeros), I loved them. :)

Another really nice tire is the Continental ExtremeContact DW. The DW is a summer tire so it's a lot better in the wet and dry than the DWS which is an all season tire.