This is hilarious

NCC10281982B

I just got a "low memory" orror on my laptop. The thing is  has 6 GB of RAM. Really?! Yeah I was accustomed to running into this kind of thing  on my family's Gateway 486-DX2 66 that had 4 MB of RAM. 

Capture.PNG

Edited by injijagwalaafq
spelling

Install process hacker and find out what program/process is eating up all the memory.

And uninstall that program.

Why install a program when task manager can tell you what programs and processes are doing what.

Install process hacker and find out what program/process is eating up all the memory.

And uninstall that program.

Why install a program when task manager can tell you what programs and processes are doing what.

Sadly, task-manager won't show memory uses by any hidden process. Some adware, botnet and generic virus use that method to eat up PC resources.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not have google earth installed. I am willing to bet that Chrome was hogging a lot of memory.I am a chronic tab open/closer. Also when rebooting, windows update did its thing. 

I don't think Chrome eating all of your memory, I have 15 tabs open in Chorme and have less then a 1GB occupied of RAM by Chrome. Something else is wrong.

http://i.cubeupload.com/eFqXDs.png

Edited by Smiki007

• 1 month later...

Are you serious about there not being a hidden process if you're an admin user?? I've always been an admin user for my PC and it would be scary to think there's some botnet stuff that I'm not aware about

• 1 month later...