The Official E3 2013 Thread

bp9801

I think MS made a huge mistake forcing Kinect. Sony did the right thing not including Eye and Move, allowing them to do the cheaper, more attractive price point. Kudos, Sony. You won this round.

Bet most of you didn't catch that online multiplayer will require PS+

Yeah, online gaming does require PS+ now. But considering the value you get with it (like the dozen or so free games each month), it's a good trade imo. And if you only play single player games, then you don't even need to be online or buy into PS+.

Used game support. Oh, and no online connection required for games or any type of authentication, no restrictions on lending, no nothing the Xbox One is "featuring."

PlayStation Plus membership transfers over too. Sweet.

________

Bet most of you didn't catch that online multiplayer will require PS+

They sure did slip that in there. I'm already signed up until the end of 2014 for PS+ and I only own a Vita. Anyone with a PS3, Vita, and/or PS4 should be a PS+ subscriber already. Free games if you don't buy a lot of games....huge discounts if you do. Only $50/year.

I'm a little sad Ryse, Titanfall, and Dead Rising 3 are Xbox exclusives. I must resists the temptations haha. Still annoyed they made World of Tanks for Xbox 360 and not PS4. World of Tanks PC isn't connected to 360 edition nor can you use the same account it seems since it requires Xbox Live membership.

Edited by AZNguyen

I'm a little sad Ryse, Titanfall, and Dead Rising 3 are Xbox exclusives. I must resists the temptations haha. Still annoyed they made World of Tanks for Xbox 360 and not PS4. World of Tanks PC isn't connected to 360 edition nor can you use the same account it seems since it requires Xbox Live membership.

Well at least Titanfall will be on PC too. Maybe we'll even get Ryse and DR3....kind of surprised we're not getting Ryse since Crytek started on the PC and has had every previous title on the PC. It (sort of) made sense when it was planned to be a Kinect game, but now that it's a third-person hack-n-slash, no reason it can be brought over.

Well at least Titanfall will be on PC too. Maybe we'll even get Ryse and DR3....kind of surprised we're not getting Ryse since Crytek started on the PC and has had every previous title on the PC. It (sort of) made sense when it was planned to be a Kinect game, but now that it's a third-person hack-n-slash, no reason it can be brought over.

Perhaps Microsoft payed them a lot of money? Otherwise, a marketing person could always argue that a timed-exclusive is still an exclusive.

Knack. Kind of like a Crash Bandicoot/Ratchet & Clank for a new generation.

Destiny of Spirits.

Killzone: Shadow Fall.

Killzone: Mercenary. PS Vita game set years before Shadow Fall.

Perhaps Microsoft payed them a lot of money? Otherwise, a marketing person could always argue that a timed-exclusive is still an exclusive.

Hopefully that's the case, but I'm not just talking about at the conference today - no where has it mentioned anything other than XBOne even prior to today :(