Upgrade

isq000

Hello,

Once again i need community's help with my rig.

1.So the thing is is it better to have an 2xgigabyte GTX 560 TI on SLI or single GTX 670 ?

2.Right now i have an http://www.corsair.com/gs600w.html GS 600 PSU - would this one be able to handle the 560 SLI >?

Specs

CPU - AMD FX 4100 cloked to 4.2 GHz

GPU - GTX 560 TI - not clocked

7 Fans with led's - 120 mm , 1 fan with led's 80 mm , 2 fan's no led's 80 mm , led laser light and fan controler

MB - gigabyte ga-990fxa-ud3 - dunno if this does make any difference in power consumtion

TY ;)

I wanna say GTX 670 cause you don't have to deal with SLI, less heat and power consumption and the performance it around the same figure...

Not GTX 770?

well yea ive heard of it and i know my single 560 does make a lot of heat

I gues i'll stick with 670 then ... could go for 770 but cant afford that one >.>

P.S ohh yea sry pal .. tnx Dan !

Edited by isq000

Screen resolution??

1080p full HD

Single GTX670 would be best option for you in terms of performance & power consumption.

kk TY

Screen resolution??

1080p full HD

Single GTX670 would be best option for you in terms of performance & power consumption.

Yeah, either 7950 or 670 would be my pick.

Allright i'll go for a 7950 i gues ... btw does it make any difference if i use AMD GPU instead of Nvidia since ive got the AMD FX CPU and same question goes for the RAM .. is there any type of RAM witch makes the FX CPU ect to perfom better ?

Allright i'll go for a 7950 i gues ... btw does it make any difference if i use AMD GPU instead of Nvidia since ive got the AMD FX CPU and same question goes for the RAM .. is there any type of RAM witch makes the FX CPU ect to perfom better ?

whats with everything bold text? anyways to your question. No it will not make a difference strickly speaking Nvidia vs AMD with the same CPU and Memory. Is AMD better than Intel or is 8gb enough? thats different questions and really if you have a FX chip you aren't going to see much of a difference from a i5/i7. For memory, I just say you can't ever have enough, coming from someone with 64gb and wish 16gb stick would come out for 128gb :)

whats with everything bold text?

I can answer that. :P

It's a normal problem with IE & FF when one of the font of Windows 7 goes missing (forgot the name of the font)

@OP: HD7950 is almost equivalent to GTX670. Now please don't ask me what is better than the other. That can't be answered as that will lead to AMD vs Nvidia war.

Edited by d6bmg