Installed my HD 7950 last night, and ran into a insane SSD problem

Black64

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I just installed my second 7950 and the bios changed the boot order and said overclocking failed. I went and changed the boot order to the correct order and rebooted. everything works fine. Strange.

Not all that unusual when the motherboard detects new or additional hardware installed.  Just need to go in and reset the appropriate settings in your BIOS and usually you're good to go.

Well I just installed my second 7950 and the bios changed the boot order and said overclocking failed. I went and changed the boot order to the correct order and rebooted. everything works fine. Strange.

Not all that unusual when the motherboard detects new or additional hardware installed.  Just need to go in and reset the appropriate settings in your BIOS and usually you're good to go.

:withstupid:

I was going to say just the same thing.

Actually this happened to me more than once. When I've installed a major component like a new HDD or swapping Graphics card, BIOS automatically resets upon detecting new hardware. I've to set everything up once again.

Tip: Backup the settings of your BIOS before making any major hardware changes. ;)

Well I finally got a chance to game a little, 3600x1200 on burnout paradise at a smooth 60fps was worth the hassle!!

Edited by Black64

Sweet.  Congrats.  You ended up with crossfired HD 7950s right?

Any problems with crossfire?  I keep hearing some folks complaining about crossfire issues with the newer AMD cards.

I've been trying to decide whether I want to try crossfire HD 7950 cards or SLi GTX 660 Ti cards.  I don't really need to do either one.  I'm still running my two GTX 570 cards and they give me great frame rates on everything I play @ 1920x1200.  But I've slowly been pulling together parts for a Z77/ 3770K build and I'm trying to decide whether I want to upgrade video cards too.

Well I don't even have CF enabled when I game with only one monitor @ 1920x1200, even with my old 6950. When I was looking to upgrade it was between the 7950 or the 670(So 7950>660 Ti), but I am quite happy with the performance gain over my 6950.

Edited by Black64

I've been trying to decide whether I want to try crossfire HD 7950 cards or SLi GTX 660 Ti cards.  I don't really need to do either one.  I'm still running my two GTX 570 cards and they give me great frame rates on everything I play @ 1920x1200.  But I've slowly been pulling together parts for a Z77/ 3770K build and I'm trying to decide whether I want to upgrade video cards too.

If you intend to CF and SLI right off the bat, I think the 3GB on the 7950 will help the pair last much longer than the 2GB on the 660s

Looks like they are vary close,.. performance wise the Hd 7950 looks a little better.

Edited by Braegnok