Samsung Galaxy S4 thread

Nyt

Mine came in yesterday, loving it so far. Not that huge of an upgrade over my Galaxy Nexus though. The phone actually sits quite nicely in my hand(s) despite the larger size 

Mine came in yesterday, loving it so far. Not that huge of an upgrade over my Galaxy Nexus though. The phone actually sits quite nicely in my hand(s) despite the larger size 

Why not a fan of upgrade over the Nexus? 

Edited by Gremlin

So is it Wireless providers being dickheads and not allowing us to get the 8-core, not that I think it's necessary but since it exists WTF is their reasoning. I need to know

So is it Wireless providers being dickheads and not allowing us to get the 8-core, not that I think it's necessary but since it exists WTF is their reasoning. I need to know

As Stonerboy said :  However the particular phones that have quad or Octa core may not support the frequencies that US cellular networks use. 

And I also think it is the wireless providers as well but I have no idea on that..

As Stonerboy said :  However the particular phones that have quad or Octa core may not support the frequencies that US cellular networks use. 

And I also think it is the wireless providers as well but I have no idea on that..

Then why can the 4 cores....can't they just place the proper "US" antennae in them since they are modifying them anyway, why change two things AND screw the customer??

I was under the assumption that Europe and all used GSM which some of the US uses too, sure the CDMA providers would need some modification but there should be no excuse for the GSM networks here

Here is my thing , I think US satellites are sort of weak maybe.. When I went to Europe for vacation around 2006, they were watching videos over the air on the phones. That option came to US a year later,,, 

Well yeah, i know US Wireless Communications are far slower than a majority of other countries and this infuriates me but their oligopoly has all but ruined our chances of ever having reasonable priced, cutting edge network speeds.

To get an idea (for wired internet anyway): http://www.netindex.com/download/allcountries/

No microSD slot/replaceable battery= more like iPhone=less control/choice/expandability/servicabilty for consumer=bad

I used to like and promote the Nexus 7 until I learned this

Edited by IVIYTH0S