Bad day thread

Pteroduck

LOL

It's curious. I was about to post HOW horrible this day was for me.

I went for the practical test of the driving license.

It was a mess. The position for the rear gear was at left (common is at right) and it had a trigger to activate it (I was aware of that.. way too aware). It was not my car, I rented just for the test, you sit, do the test and finish, you can't test the car before.

Ok so I sat in the car, put the seatbelt, turned on the engine, pressed the clutch, 1st gear and ... nothing.. i was slowly leaving the clutch and pressing the accelerator or gas (dunno how you guys call it) and nothing.. I failed, the man told me I failed and come back next Thursday. I couldn't even move the fukin car, I think it had the handbrake on!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so damn't concentrated that the problem was the rear gear was near the 1st gear so my mind played me a trick.

I'm so annoyed, depressed, ashamed. I did drive my dad's car for 2 months, parked and everything well and nervous fuked me up and I did that mistake I can't believe I couldn't even make the car move =(

I think i'm going to rent the car once again for 1h class (just to know the car) and then to do the practical test.

ps: I cannot use my fathers car because the windshields are polarized so for the test is prohibited, but for driving in general is approved! its just pure bussines so you have to pay $$$$ the academy and rent a car.

If it makes you feel any better, I was worse when I was learning to drive stick. I was terrible at downshifting, and pretty bad at low speeds. So bad, in fact, that I managed to STALL a Corvette ZR1! With high power cars, if you let the clutch go too fast, you chirp the tires, not stall the car. Nope, I actually managed to stall a $100,000+ Corvette.  :doh:

If it makes you feel any better, I was worse when I was learning to drive stick. I was terrible at downshifting, and pretty bad at low speeds. So bad, in fact, that I managed to STALL a Corvette ZR1! With high power cars, if you let the clutch go too fast, you chirp the tires, not stall the car. Nope, I actually managed to stall a $100,000+ Corvette.  :doh:

Who in the world let you learn in a vette?

Let the clutch go too fast? What is this you speak of? =p My last truck had a racing clutch, it was in or out, no inbetween. If you weren't at atleast 2k(or higher gear and gradient dependent) you were stopping...

Ok now I understood. Yeah I stalled too many times jajajaj specially on stop lights with elevation so you have to be fast to release the clutch and accelerate and not let the car go backwards but also not too fast because you can make the car stall. It happens. But this was like WTF.. this war is not moving and .. in general people that takes exams are not too friendly, they know you are nervous (if it is your first time) and if they can f*ck you they will..

Let the clutch go too fast? What is this you speak of? =p My last truck had a racing clutch, it was in or out, no inbetween. If you weren't at atleast 2k(or higher gear and gradient dependent) you were stopping...

I recognized a guy that was on the Top Gear special where they go from Miami to New Orleans. After talking to him a for a little while, he let me go out with him for a ride. We ended up doing donuts on a brand new ZR1 LOL. That's how my Mustang's clutch was, you had to pretty much powershift it. 

Just got to talk to my niece and nephew for the first time in 2 weeks they move to Colorado. I have been worried sick about them since they don't live that far from Lyons Co. Now I know they are safe and getting to talk to them make me feel better, but knowing I won't get to see them til thanksgiving blows.

If it makes you feel any better, I was worse when I was learning to drive stick. I was terrible at downshifting, and pretty bad at low speeds. So bad, in fact, that I managed to STALL a Corvette ZR1! With high power cars, if you let the clutch go too fast, you chirp the tires, not stall the car. Nope, I actually managed to stall a $100,000+ Corvette. :doh:

I recognized a guy that was on the Top Gear special where they go from Miami to New Orleans. After talking to him a for a little while, he let me go out with him for a ride. We ended up doing donuts on a brand new ZR1 LOL. That's how my Mustang's clutch was, you had to pretty much powershift it.

I think my BS meter just hit 11. :lol:

Also - how the hell did you stall a 6L supercharged C6? I took off in 3rd when learning to drive my dad's car and couldn't come close to dogging it let alone stalling (and it was my first time ever touching a manual transmission). :lol:

If it makes you feel any better, I was worse when I was learning to drive stick. I was terrible at downshifting, and pretty bad at low speeds. So bad, in fact, that I managed to STALL a Corvette ZR1! With high power cars, if you let the clutch go too fast, you chirp the tires, not stall the car. Nope, I actually managed to stall a $100,000+ Corvette. :doh:

I think my BS meter just hit 11. :lol:

Also - how the hell did you stall a 6L supercharged C6? I took off in 3rd when learning to drive my dad's car and couldn't come close to dogging it let alone stalling (and it was my first time ever touching a manual transmission). :lol:

I have a picture with him and I just for such an occasion. ;) I'll try to pull it out. 

No idea how, but I stalled it lol.

Found it. They called him Robert the Persian on the show.

4vuY0.jpg

Edited by Onion