Bad day thread

Pteroduck

I blame work, and wedding prep, and family.

:lol: Gotta love that I have enough sick leave already for it to not be an issue though.

what! my boss says sick leave doesnt exist, its only on tv

You've got to remember he is working for obama. He probably gets paid sick leave, paid vacation and a life long pension.

I blame work, and wedding prep, and family.

:lol: Gotta love that I have enough sick leave already for it to not be an issue though.

what! my boss says sick leave doesnt exist, its only on tv

You've got to remember he is working for obama. He probably gets paid sick leave, paid vacation and a life long pension.
Nope. :lol:

8 hours each month of sick and vacation (120 per year). Since I work 9 hour days that doesn't go very far...I only have enough now because they backdated my hire date by 4 months BC of my prior work for them.

And pension? Ha! I wish!

Bad day all over, Waco done blew himself up, then about half an hour ago a plane wreck about  mile from my house.....

(Waco TX fertilizer plant for those of you who have not seen the news)

Found out why my shoulder has been hurting so bad lately. Turns out I have impingement syndrome.

Here's a copypasta from WebMD defining it.

Impingement syndrome occurs when the shoulder joint pinches the tendons and bones. It can cause pain, especially when lifting the arm over the head or behind the back. It also can cause weakness in the shoulder. Impingement syndrome usually happens from aging or from an activity that involves repeatedly lifting your arm over your head, such as tennis, swimming, or baseball.

The symptoms of impingement are often mild at first. It may start as pain and soreness after activity. Or you may notice pain when you try to lift your arm. Over time, the symptoms usually get worse. You may start to notice the shoulder hurts at night or when you're resting. Most cases of impingement are treated with rest, anti-inflammatory medications, and physical therapy. But in some cases, chronic impingement can lead to a tear in the rotator cuff.

Overall, its not fun. :( My right arm is useless, more or less.

i never trust WebMD, but man those conditions do suck alot...

Found out why my shoulder has been hurting so bad lately. Turns out I have impingement syndrome.

Here's a copypasta from WebMD defining it.

Impingement syndrome occurs when the shoulder joint pinches the tendons and bones. It can cause pain, especially when lifting the arm over the head or behind the back. It also can cause weakness in the shoulder. Impingement syndrome usually happens from aging or from an activity that involves repeatedly lifting your arm over your head, such as tennis, swimming, or baseball.

The symptoms of impingement are often mild at first. It may start as pain and soreness after activity. Or you may notice pain when you try to lift your arm. Over time, the symptoms usually get worse. You may start to notice the shoulder hurts at night or when you're resting. Most cases of impingement are treated with rest, anti-inflammatory medications, and physical therapy. But in some cases, chronic impingement can lead to a tear in the rotator cuff.

Overall, its not fun. :( My right arm is useless, more or less.

i never trust WebMD, but man those conditions do suck alot...

Well I got the diagnosis from my doctor, I only used WebMD to give me a description of what it was. Its not fun at all, but at least I'm getting better. :)

i had a hell of a day, started out with a 12 hour work day, filing in for someone take a single random vacation day, delivery driving. Im the night manager at a parts store, so im driving a pos ford from 7-5, then i continue my normal counter duties until 7, i then was convinced to attend a community function i didn't want to and told it would last an hour, well 3 hours later im on my way home, flustered with a lot of work to do, i had just bought an old pc, for 10 bucks to fix and add to the folding farm, and i was in a hurry, i hit an intersection with a bump and my soda jumped out of the cup holder on the pc which was sitting on the seat next to it, i slammed the brakes and the soda and the pc hit the floor right on top of my brand new fishing rod, im pretty well pissed by now and im just racing to get home, just a few blocks to go, ive got a ram 1500 with open pipes and im screaming through residential, the last turn i get a little sideways and park in my spot on the street.

when one of miami counties finest come around the corner at the opposite end of the block, he drives by me, and im already shut down and lights off, but i knew he knew. sure enough he pulls a u turn and puts his lights on, while im in front of my house (parents house) he comes up gets my id, insurance, what not. and its cold outside, i left my coat at work, and im not about to fire up the truck i dont want him to realize how loud it really is (yeah its a hemi) it takes this guy, who turns out to be younger than me, im 22, half an hour till he comes back and says my insurance is out of date, and will be issuing me citations for careless driving and failure to produce proof of insurance, and i will have to appear in court to take care of it, and while im freezing i go inside and realize my court date is may 11, 

I AM SUPPOSED TO GO TO ROCKFEST ON MAY 11 

which everyone knows is the biggest one day music festivals in the country

oh and my most of my folding clients died, and i have to go back to work tommorow at 8 and stay 13.5 hours and close the store

A very bad (yester)day for me. After I woke up in the morning, headache started. Already scheduled my GRE exam today. I already scored 334 out of 340 in my first attempt (~1.5 months ago) and was reting very hard to get to 340 out of 340 mark as I still have 45 months ahead of me before applying to post-grad schools. Exam was very bad as I couldn't even concentrate due to the headache. Ended up getting a merely 305.

Lessons learned: Sometimes the 'cancel score' button could be very useful.

Edited by d6bmg

• 4 months later...

A very bad (yester)day for me. After I woke up in the morning, headache started. Already scheduled my GRE exam today. I already scored 334 out of 340 in my first attempt (~1.5 months ago) and was reting very hard to get to 340 out of 340 mark as I still have 45 months ahead of me before applying to post-grad schools. Exam was very bad as I couldn't even concentrate due to the headache. Ended up getting a merely 305.

Lessons learned: Sometimes the 'cancel score' button could be very useful.

Ouch tests. But theres always that option too. Why'd you take it anyways if you had a headache?