Steam Autumn and Winter Sales Dates Leaked

ClayMeow

I honestly prefer the flash deals compared to the challenges since the challenges basically compel you to buy a game you never would in the first place. "Hm, I don't need this one, but buying it and doing this achievement means I get another entry in the main prize draw." Such utter crap.

haha. true. But the flash deals during the Summer Sale were just dupes of daily deals. It's been a little more useful in this sale since it's a shorter timeframe, but it would probably be back to dupes in the Winter Sale.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha. true. But the flash deals during the Summer Sale were just dupes of daily deals. It's been a little more useful in this sale since it's a shorter timeframe, but it would probably be back to dupes in the Winter Sale.

Yeah, I can see that happening with the duplicates again. It is kind of nice at times since you may be able to get a game you missed before, but then again that's what the encore was for in past sales. Don't think they had that last holiday sale.

Rebellion is on my list of things to get, but not at $13.59. I'm trying not to spend too much money and that's just over that.

Ya, I didn't want to spend that much either ...but I been wanting to play a Sins game for awhile now and I've spent more than that on lunch.

Kind of hard to be waiting a year for a daily deal on a game that's only been out since this past June. :PWe do have a topic on it too, but no one seemed very interested in it.

Must have been Trinity and not Rebellion.

Ya no one on this forum seems to pay it much mind but Bowtie, myself and some others use to plays to play the original over Hamachi for a long period of time. Only thing I didn't like about it is the games could last awhile but building maps was a fun thing to do.

I've never had much interest in 4X games.

My advice for this Autumn sale is, if you're on the fence about something, just wait for the Holiday sale less than a month away. It lasts twice as long, so it's all but guaranteed that every single game you see discounted during this sale will be discounted then, and there's a slight chance that some of the games will enjoy a greater discount - so maybe Sins of a Solar Empire will reach the 75% Off mark. So unless you're sure you'd play it within the next month, just wait. That's the only reason I've had more self-restraint during this sale than any other previous Steam sale :lol:.

I had that philosophy last year and it bit me in the arse. I saw some 66% deals that I figured had to increase to 75-80% sales during the Winter Sale ...that turned out to be a big fat nope! In fact, some of the games I wanted the most were roughly 66% during the Autumn Sale and only 35-50% during the Winter Sale. So my philosophy this year is if it is a "Flash Deal" in the Autumn Sale (like Sins is right now) than it is most likely not going to be better in the Winter Sale.

Then there were games like Dishonored that were 50% in the Autumn Sale in a Daily Deal and I figured they would increase the sale in the Winter Sale and they never appeared in the sale. Though the one I wanted the most last year was Skyrim and I did get that in the Winter Sale, just not as good of a deal as the Autumn Sale. Which is smart, no point in having two sales if everyone expects one to be good and only ok.

Then there were games like Dishonored that were 50% in the Autumn Sale in a Daily Deal and I figured they would increase the sale in the Winter Sale and they never appeared in the sale.

Dishonored hasn't been in the Winter Sale yet so... it could be cheaper in another month. :P

Must have been Trinity and not Rebellion.

Ya no one on this forum seems to pay it much mind but Bowtie, myself and some others use to plays to play the original over Hamachi for a long period of time. Only thing I didn't like about it is the games could last awhile but building maps was a fun thing to do.

Obviously you didn't even click the link. sigh :mfp:

Well my wallet is certainly screaming.

Deus EX + DLCs

Bioshock 1+2

Arma II for DayZ, i've been waiting to get this for a long time. :)

Magic the Gathering 2013.

And i thing this is as far as i'm going, maybe something during the Winter sales, but the above should keep me entertained for a lot of months. :D

Tempted by the Sniper Elite V2 flash sale and maybe Tropico 4, but that's it. Well, and Dishonored too but I'm not going to spend $30 on it so soon after getting XCOM. :lol:

I have it, fun game. Get it!

I have it, fun game. Get it!

Stop tempting me! :lol:

The Witcher games are tempting me since you can get both for just $10.

Yes, I said it earlier too. So what? Anyone own them already and can comment?

I own them both, love them both. Buy it.