Steam Autumn and Winter Sales Dates Leaked

ClayMeow

The Witcher games are tempting me since you can get both for just $10.

Yes, I said it earlier too. So what? Anyone own them already and can comment?

Get them they're great but both very increadibly different so don't expect the same gameplay from each game. Both are uniquely good in their own rights and Switcher 2 is insanely beautiful.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Witcher games are tempting me since you can get both for just $10.

Yes, I said it earlier too. So what? Anyone own them already and can comment?

If you're an RPG fan, then I'd definitely say get them. Both games also support modding, though I couldn't tell you much on that.

I haven't played the 2nd one, and only a little of the first one. The first one starts out excruciatingly slow, which is why I didn't play much. I probably played 4-6 hours. It's around that 6-hour mark where the game supposedly picks up. If I knew that at the time, I probably would have stuck with it.

Most people I've spoken to say the story is better in the first one, but the 2nd is more polished and has better combat. I believe Troy has played both, so he'd be the best to ask.

Stop tempting me! :lol:

Get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not that it would have really affected my purchase, I wish I had looked at the download sizes of the Witcher games. Both are around 16 GB and the bonus content for The Witcher 2 is another 5 GB.

This is one of the reasons why I download and then make backups of my Steam games, so I don't need to download them again. Ever.

Dishonored hasn't been in the Winter Sale yet so... it could be cheaper in another month. :P

I did highlight the word "like" before Dishonored. I wasn't speaking of Dishonored directly. I was speaking generally of games of that caliber that I was banking on would see better deals during the Winter Sale and was let down. It could work out for you, but like I said I am going with a different strat this year ...hence the statement you are trying to pick apart. :whistling:

Obviously you didn't even click the link. sigh :mfp:

More like I shouldn't have written off the cuff and should have chose different wording. :rolleyes:

I did highlight the word "like" before Dishonored. I wasn't speaking of Dishonored directly. I was speaking generally of games of that caliber that I was banking on would see better deals during the Winter Sale and was let down. It could work out for you, but like I said I am going with a different strat this year ...hence the statement you are trying to pick apart. :whistling:

Even still, your original mentioning of Skyrim doesn't work either, since that came out last November and was only on sale in the Winter Sale. :P

Even still, your original mentioning of Skyrim doesn't work either, since that came out last November and was only on sale in the Winter Sale. :P

I don't have a photographic memory so I don't remember which games were on sale during the 2011 Autumn Sale and which games were on sale during the 2011 Winter Sale so you are wasting way too many brain cycles on silly specifics that have little meaning and completely ignoring the whole point I was trying to make. I will put this in forum friendly street talk since it is more direct.

Do what you want and I will do what I want. Yes ?

I don't have a photographic memory so I don't remember which games were on sale during the 2011 Autumn Sale and which games were on sale during the 2011 Winter Sale so you are wasting way too many brain cycles on silly specifics that have little meaning and completely ignoring the whole point I was trying to make. I will put this in forum friendly street talk since it is more direct.

Do what you want and I will do what I want. Yes ?

Nah, I'm cool with bugging you. :lol:

In all fairness though, I don't really need to buy any more games. For once I'm going to show some restraint and not buy every little thing that strikes my fancy, especially since I have a massive back catalog of games to go through. If I see something on sale that's on my wishlist, I'm going to be mighty tempted.. but I won't just immediately click "buy now" unless I know for certain I can actually afford it. So yeah, while the price of something like Dishonored is pretty great right now, I know that it'll be even more affordable down the road.

Nah, I'm cool with bugging you. :lol:

Bored Mother Fr!

In all fairness though, I don't really need to buy any more games. For once I'm going to show some restraint and not buy every little thing that strikes my fancy, especially since I have a massive back catalog of games to go through. If I see something on sale that's on my wishlist, I'm going to be mighty tempted.. but I won't just immediately click "buy now" unless I know for certain I can actually afford it. So yeah, while the price of something like Dishonored is pretty great right now, I know that it'll be even more affordable down the road.

You really should click BUY NOW, especially since there are no guarantees of better sales this year!

I get commission for every Dishonored purchase. I wish, would be nice! :P