Steam Autumn and Winter Sales Dates Leaked

ClayMeow

DOOM 3: BFG Edition is tempting at 50% off, but I don't know if I really need it. Same goes for DAO: Ultimate, but really the only DLC I don't have for it is Witch Hunt and Golems of Amgarrak.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMD2 is definitely tempting, but barely played the first one. D3BFG is definitely tempting too since I never played Doom 3.

But no...must stay strong! Gotta wait 'til the Winter sale.

EDIT: If anyone is considering picking up Quantum Conundrum, remember that I have a copy for $1.25 (or reasonable trade). Doesn't include the DLC though, but buying the DLC currently on sale with my copy would be less money.

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion

Was waiting for a Daily Deal on that one since last year. Surprised it is only 66% off - holding its value well surprisingly. I don't hear anyone ever talk about it ...at all.

For those of you looking at Dishonored, I am going to say this again. It is worth full price - by far. It is easily my Game of the Year. I think I already linked this video but if you have 30 minutes check this out. It's a spoiler for the first the mission but its worth it. Will show you the amount of opportunities available at your fingertips ...and the scary thing, there is even more the video doesn't show. The video starts off slow as the first 3 options are non-lethal. Then it gets increasingly more brutal after that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBV7VDMqh1A

Edited by Fogel

Rebellion is on my list of things to get, but not at $13.59. I'm trying not to spend too much money and that's just over that. Gods & Kings though at $7.49 I did get. Especially since I'm still playing Civ V.

Didn't get Harley Quinn's Revenge because while it may be at a great price, I don't feel like reinstalling Arkham City to enjoy it.

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion

Was waiting for a Daily Deal on that one since last year. Surprised it is only 66% off - holding its value well surprisingly. I don't hear anyone ever talk about it ...at all.

Kind of hard to be waiting a year for a daily deal on a game that's only been out since this past June. :PWe do have a topic on it too, but no one seemed very interested in it.

I agree with Jim, too. I'd love to get Rebellion, sure, but I was hoping it'd be 75% off. As it is, I'll have to wait until the holiday sale to see if it'll be any cheaper.

I've never had much interest in 4X games.

My advice for this Autumn sale is, if you're on the fence about something, just wait for the Holiday sale less than a month away. It lasts twice as long, so it's all but guaranteed that every single game you see discounted during this sale will be discounted then, and there's a slight chance that some of the games will enjoy a greater discount - so maybe Sins of a Solar Empire will reach the 75% Off mark. So unless you're sure you'd play it within the next month, just wait. That's the only reason I've had more self-restraint during this sale than any other previous Steam sale :lol:.

I'm a little annoyed that they've decided to go with flash deals, I was hoping for the challenges and that sort of thing to come back, those were really enjoyable and game people plenty of reason to get or play a game. I suppose I may be a bit bias about it as well though, most any game I want, I already have, so the flash deals are particularly useless to me. Even the main deals aren't tempting me too much, so far I've only been tempted by The Walking Dead and slightly tempted by Orcs Must Die 2. I suppose I simply have too many games anymore though, I'm not even tempted by any of the games on my wishlist and many of them are under $2.50 right now.

Hopefully they bring back challenges in the Winter Sale, and hopefully it's real challenges, not the community badge stuff.

I'm a little annoyed that they've decided to go with flash deals, I was hoping for the challenges and that sort of thing to come back, those were really enjoyable and game people plenty of reason to get or play a game. I suppose I may be a bit bias about it as well though, most any game I want, I already have, so the flash deals are particularly useless to me. Even the main deals aren't tempting me too much, so far I've only been tempted by The Walking Dead and slightly tempted by Orcs Must Die 2. I suppose I simply have too many games anymore though, I'm not even tempted by any of the games on my wishlist and many of them are under $2.50 right now.

Hopefully they bring back challenges in the Winter Sale, and hopefully it's real challenges, not the community badge stuff.

The Autumn sale has never been a big sale...I think this may actually be the longest the sale has lasted. The "special" stuff was always for Summer and Winter, so there's still hope something more than just flash deals is done in the Winter sale.

I honestly prefer the flash deals compared to the challenges since the challenges basically compel you to buy a game you never would in the first place. "Hm, I don't need this one, but buying it and doing this achievement means I get another entry in the main prize draw." Such utter crap.