Broke 20k (finally)

Paranoid

Did some tweaking, and I finally passed 20k in 3DMark2001 :D

There were no artifacts B)

I am going to try for 21000 when I get some better cooling, but for now I am happy with 20474.This new motherboard really helped a lot by allowing 3.3V for the memory. I was able to push it to 233 MHz which is as high as the processor can handle with less than 2V (I have gotten it to 250, but it took 2.1V which was too much for me)

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7571257

Switching from the 1900+ to the 2500+ took me up about 1500 marks... it does make a fairly large difference in my opinion. :lol:

same here, 2100 to 2500 made a 1100 difference.

btw, will a 2500+ and a 9800pro get those scores? those are impressive numbers.

same here, 2100 to 2500 made a 1100 difference.

btw, will a 2500+ and a 9800pro get those scores? those are impressive numbers.

As long as you can run a fairly high FSB, you should have no problem with a 20K score. I would drop the multi a little, run a higher FSB, and OC the card to its max. You should see 20K with some tweaking and luck.

hes switching from a 2600+ to a 2500+ though, when i switched from my 2400+ to my 2500+ at the same speed of 2.3ghz i got around a 50 point increase in 3dmark03 and a 300point increase in 3dmark01. The change to the barton core wont help much in these test

Good Job man, go for 21K or 22K next.  What were your clocks on the card?  Are you on stock cooling?

I am currently using a Zalman Heatpipe cooler, but I have ordered a VGA Silencer to replace it.

Will ramsinks fit on the card as well as the VGA silencer? I have 8 OCZ BGA ramsinks that I want to use with this card if I can.

I was running the card at 430/369

I am currently using a Zalman Heatpipe cooler, but I have ordered a VGA Silencer to replace it.

Will ramsinks fit on the card as well as the VGA silencer? I have 8 OCZ BGA ramsinks that I want to use with this card if I can.

I was running the card at 430/369

is that cooler better than the zalman?

i have the zalman and im running at 432/375 with the crappy ramsinks that come with the ultimate edition.

btw, that vga silencer will fit on your card.