Please Help Fan not moving properly

Fragsman

Too much paste is as bad as not enough, most say about the size of a pea in the center is a good amount.:thumbsup:

Yeah I saw that on videos just a minutes ago..

some guys spread it over the processor creating a very thin surface of paste (you know spreading with a credit card or something)

some others just put the paste "pea" size in the center and put the fan in..

mine was like 2 pea or 3 maybe.. too much.. ill keep u updated about this

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOLVED

Way too much Thermal Paste. Now added the proper amount and over CPU not over heatsink.. I never did it like today but I would never make that mistake again.

57-59ºC under load instead 84ºC.. now I'm happy!

Edited by loco_frags

Glad you got it fixed.:biggrin: As stonerboy pointed out wd-40 will do more harm than good, when it dries out which don't take long the fan bearing will have less lube in it than before you put it on. It's use is to loosen rusted parts. 3 in 1 oil or sewing machine oil is about the best and only 1 or 2 drops.

Glad you got it fixed.:biggrin: As stonerboy pointed out wd-40 will do more harm than good, when it dries out which don't take long the fan bearing will have less lube in it than before you put it on. It's use is to loosen rusted parts. 3 in 1 oil or sewing machine oil is about the best and only 1 or 2 drops.

haha well i live in argentina so i don't know if i can put wd-40--- i dont even know what is that or what brand it is and if i can get it in here... anyways i put some other lubricant my father gave me...

and today i turned PC on and the shiet was failing again.. it was rotating but very slow... it was like kinda stuck,, i moved and now is ok but I will buy a newer one.. as someone said if it fails once then it will die soon.. yeah probably I need to replace it..

luckyly is not a part that will affect my performance at all.. i could even use PC with the side of the cabinet removed so that fan wouldn't have any function any longer.. but i want to use it closed so i need to buy another..

How come nobody has suggested the peanut butter trick yet? :lol: It lubes up the bearings and helps it spin well. I'll let someone else explain how to do it, I'm not really sure how.

Edited by Onion

How come nobody has suggested the peanut butter trick yet? :lol: It lubes up the bearings and helps it spin well. I'll let someone else explain how to do it, I'm not really sure how.

Don't be a jerk. :lol:

Oh god.

Edited by EuroFight

Hey I'm not that n00b.. I was only expecting suggestions since I was about to disarm the bloody cooler. Never had such problem, never... It was stuck like if there was an invisible man putting a finger on it..