Looking at new MP3 player

Daragh

Alright so, my iPod nano 8gb is starting to die. Its not old (~3 years), but its been through hell and back.

The buttons are starting to go on it, and working on it would be a lot of pain for very little gain.

So what I'm asking is- does anybody know of any decent MP3 players with capacities of at least 30gb

Now, I'm open to old style devices. I've been looking for a Creative Zen Vision:M but they just don't exist anymore :-/ .

If it can be found in stores (or on ebay) then its good to go. Physical buttons only though. If its fully touchscreen then it ain't gonna fly :teehee: .

I just need recommendations right now, any budget goes. Just remember that if it relies on a touchscreen as its main method of interaction

AND is taller than an iPod touch then I can't do it (thickness is no problem really, I've just got small hands :rolleyes: )

Also, I can't buy off the forum. I trust you, father does not :dunno:

Links would be appreciated, any brand goes.

Yea I have a smartphone, iPhone that I got for free from my brother. It's only 8gb though (I text and make calls on it, that's about it). As I rule I don't use my phone as my music device, wastes a lot of space and battery. Thanks for te suggestion though

I was looking at the classic, just checking out other options aswell. Thanks as well!

Yea I have a smartphone, iPhone that I got for free from my brother. It's only 8gb though (I text and make calls on it, that's about it). As I rule I don't use my phone as my music device, wastes a lot of space and battery. Thanks for te suggestion though

I was looking at the classic, just checking out other options aswell. Thanks as well!

iPhone eh, so much for trying to save money :lol: (I'll be nice), in all seriousness maybe I can see if I can get my dad to sell his Zen Vision: M (30GB) and just buy a 32GB memory for his Epic like mine.

There's a whole bunch of the Zen M's on ebay or are they too pricey for ya??

Yeah if you like being forced into using a syncing program (OP got their fill with iTunes I'm sure), I had Zen M and then a Zune (to try it) and I cannot stand mp3 players that don't let me drag and drop with full control.

There are a few yes, just most are out of aus. Should've mentioned that. I found a nice one for 120 on amazon but I like to see other brands, you never know what you might find.

Anyway yea, I swear this thing munched on my credit. I have to switch off 3G otherwise $30 goes down the drain in a week. Correct to a degree with iTunes I hate not being able to rip music off my device when I bought my new pc. Sure there are hoops but dear god I dont want to have to do this everytime I buy a new pc/mp3

Edited by Daragh

There are a few yes, just most are out of aus. Should've mentioned that. I found a nice one for 120 on amazon but I like to see other brands, you never know what you might find.

Anyway yea, I swear this thing munched on my credit. I have to switch off 3G otherwise $30 goes down the drain in a week. Correct to a degree with iTunes I hate not being able to rip music off my device when I bought my new pc. Sure there are hoops but dear god I dont want to have to do this everytime I buy a new pc/mp3

They have the new zens too: http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Creative-ZEN-Black-32-GB-Digital-Media-Player-/64204427?_refkw=creative+32+gb&_pcatid=39&_odkw=sandisk+sansa+32+gb&_pcategid=73839&_osacat=0&_dmpt=Other_MP3_Players

they're 32GB and I believe they're flash based now (instead of harddrive, so never have to worry about skipping or buffering issues, even though I don't recall ever having that problem with my Vision. Might have better battery life then the Vision also)

I can't believe how overpriced mp3 players are now adays, WOW. All they do is play music and they cost THAT much, might as well buy an old android phone and pop the 32gb card into it :lol:

Ohh zune needs to be synced to put songs in? Wow I despised ipods for that sole reason. I would stay away from those kinds of mp3s XD

Yeah mine did, unless things have changed now. (you'd think, being Microsoft, that they'd just let the player integrate nicely with drag and drop windows explorer) Though the one you linked looks just like the Zune 30GB I had.