How loud do you listen to your music?

Onion

37 members have voted

1. 1. How loud do you listen to your music?

• As loud as it goes
    • Loud enough to get that good feeling
    • At a safe comfortable level where I can still hear my surroundings
    • Quiet

7418895184_c80c68bac2_z.jpg

Under the shitty alarm clock and pile of mags is my pos sub. Pushing 200rms atm if I crank it usually don't because my window rattles too much in bassy songs :lol:

Although the inch thick carpeted mdf enclosure stuffed with wool and on noise isolating spikes gives it clean and hard sound.

The A5+ speakers on the $200 pro audio stands (I got for free :D so much win thankyou uncle) perfectly isolate the mids an highs and all my favourites come through loud and clear :)

I listen to a lot of what would be classified folk metal or rock symphonic metal too. Stuff with plenty of clean vocals and these make it great.

In terms of volume tho 20% when playing from phone/iPod which is on 100% if I leave the room I may bump things to 40-50% to fill the house with background music.

When I play with my D1 dac and laptop it's 20% music player, 100% windows, 10-20% dac, 20% speakers tops.

The D1 dac stays at 10-20% for my Q701s too. The headphones are fantastic for stiff like tarja and sirenia.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I chose "good feeling" as well..

To me though, "good feeling" is that volume/level where you feel the depth of the music.. You start to vibe.. You get lost in another world..

Then when you get out of your car you begin to wonder how you even got to your destination.. teehee.gif

I don't consider myself an Audiophile, but I am totally into music. I have the best headphones I can afford that don't throw me into debt and I have the best speakers/radio system in my car that I can afford as well.

I absolutely must tune everything as well.. Everything needs an EQ..

^ +1

I don't own any vehicles with good sound systems, but I often listen to the music just about as loud as the stock 15+ year old speakers will go, but sans distortion obviously.

Depends on what I'm doing. At home I tend to keep it down, for the most part. I crank it occasionally and sometimes I worry it'll knock the ceiling down. :P

My car currently doesn't have a stereo, but my older cars had pretty substantial ones. I generally had it cranked unless I had the windows down (because that's just annoying) or there were other people in the car.

Not entirely sure what you mean by "good feeling." Unless I'm trying to keep it down for people, I turn it up as loud as I need to hear the detail. Don't need it any louder than that.

:withstupid:

If I could go back and wear hearing protection during the usage of power tools, loud engines, shooting guns and listening to music loudly (concerts included) I would.

I'd look silly wearing ear protection in the mustang. :lol:

I chose "good feeling" as well..

To me though, "good feeling" is that volume/level where you feel the depth of the music.. You start to vibe.. You get lost in another world..

Then when you get out of your car you begin to wonder how you even got to your destination.. teehee.gif

I don't consider myself an Audiophile, but I am totally into music. I have the best headphones I can afford that don't throw me into debt and I have the best speakers/radio system in my car that I can afford as well.

I absolutely must tune everything as well.. Everything needs an EQ..

:withstupid:

gone those days where i was cranking up the the volume with the windows rolled down then drive :teehee:

my listening moods/style has changed as i aged so did after i got these decent set of speakers and amps, just loud enough to hear the details (highs/mids/lows working in unison) with the windows always shut.

i bought my system to please my self not the pedestrians anyways :whistling:

I play my music at a level where I can still hear my surroundings. I really hate it when people blast their music so loud that everyone around them is forced to listen to it as well.

I play my music at a level where I can still hear my surroundings. I really hate it when people blast their music so loud that everyone around them is forced to listen to it as well.

Agree with that sentiment. However, my new flat has peeps above me that decided to play some Techno at 07:00 hours on Sunday. The noise itself does not actually bother me that much, just the ignorance. Well two can play at that game. Once I get my AV fixed or replaced, my Silverstone 220's are going to blow his gilfs pubes off. Inconsiderate bugger grrr.