- Mythos

- Ecofriendly

- Phil

- _TheAlexO

Torchlight II Winers:

- PremiumAcc

- Muchoman1

- ClayMeow

Now all you lucky winners need to do is pm me with your email and I will send you the Steam Codes to activate the games. Winners of Torchlight II will naturally need to wait till the game unlocks.

Also anyone feel free to add me on Steam easy to find as my ID is Stonerboy :D haha

Well hopefully I will have another comp for you guys in the futer so look for it and have a good weekend.

I have 4 Copies of Torchlight and 2 Copies of Torchlight II to giveaway.

Rules are simple.

Each post must include what game you would like Torchlight or Torchlight II or even nothing still feel free to share.

If you already have the game please do not ask for it this is for those that do not yet have it.

Only one entry per person for only one game.

The 7 winners will be chosen at random in a weeks time.

There is currently a better chance of getting the original Torchlight game with 4 copies and most people requesting one of the now 3 Torchlight 2 copies.

Now for the comp, last time I asked what your favorite RPG is and why.

Now I would like to ask.

What is your favorite FPS and why?

For me my favorite FPS series is the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series and my favorite game from the series is probably Call of Pripyat. The reason I love it is the level of realism that is lost on other FPS games. The style of play and the relatistic and difficult nature of the harder difficulties really make it enjoyably if sometimes frustrating. Raising the difficulty right up can make it a real accomplishment to make it out of the tutorial :lol:

The graphical mods or even just the vanilla game look great the art style really speaks to me and above everything it is the weather that really involves you. Sitting there with my cans on listening to the patter of rain and the crash of thunder is something else. One mod in particular Atmosfear really builds on the environment of the game and truely makes it a goy to just well watch the rain.

The fact that the inventory doesn't pause the game, the fact that weapons and armor take damage, that there is radiation and annomilies everywhere (being in Chernobyl) that you can bleed out from wounds or that you can take a headshot and it will kill you. That armor and weapons have realistic upgrades and that weapons have well thought out inaccuracies and random spreads that slowly become more focused with each upgrade make the game brilliant.

You need to think about everything you do an at times really take your time and use the environment to its maximum.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I preordered T2 so I'll abstain...but awesome contest!

Still free to share your favorite fps, its good to hear about some other games that people may or may not have played or even considered.

Edit: You can blaim Red, Cappi, Bilcliff and Cryo I only just coming up to my one year anniversary and I have already gotten Dirt 3, Skyrim, Terrania and Dirt Showdown all by just being an OCC member so I figure it is my turn to give again like I did with borderlands.

Edited by Stonerboy779

Ideally I'd jump in for Torchlight 2 since I have the first and not the second but I haven't played the first yet so if there are others who are a fan and avid players of the first, they should be their rightful owners.

I suppose I'm in the same boat as you, that is the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. boat. While the game is not 100% what they had promised us the many years I waited for it to come out, I feel that each new chapter gives us a little bit more of the intended game and takes up the immersion another level. The whole ballistic system (as you mentioned) is far more realistic then most games care to go, a few well placed shots and your enemy goes down, a few well placed shots from that very enemy can put you down just as easy with varying ammo types and armor being the only slight edge one of you has over the other. Being a treasure hunter (I probably spend at-least 3x as long in every Elder Scrolls game or any new Fallout just gathering crap and selling it lol), I really like the artifact system. You find valuable or helpful artifacts that force you to think creatively and risk your life getting. In the beginning of the game, especially with the rudimentary artifact detector, prepare to crap your pants experience when suddenly BZZZZZT and you're struck down by a lightning based anomaly while trying to get the tone to guide you closer and closer to your well deserved (and well sheltered) aftifact. While the story is often poor, it allows the player to sort of make their own. The little gang disputes you can choose to ignore or take part of are happening whether you want them or not, and depending on who you favor (unless you stay a lone wolf), those gates to the next area may allow pleasant peaceful passage or have you shot down on sight for even thinking of approaching the ones controlling it. The mutants were all very unique in how each was handled, bloodsuckers being my favorite of course, until I realized that if you have good senses and take them head-on, they're not so bad...but they still can get the jump on me and their roar make my stomach twist up into a tight knot of jumpy embarrassment. I sadly have not sought out all the mods for the game(s) that I hear make it even more realistic but perhaps I will some day if I ever get caught up on all the games in queue. I could go on all day about this shooter which is why I'll save you all the eye strain and end it here. :cheers:

Torchlight 2 for me

Although its a FPS/RPG, Fallout 3/New vegas (essentially the same game) is one of my favourites.

The base game for each is a great game, has hours of storyline, the DLC adds even more.

The level of customisation that comes with the RPG element adds much more to the game.

But one of the best things about it is how much it can be modded, from graphics overhauls to new maps and quests and lands to gameplay changes like the settler mod.

Although its pretty unrealistic as far as shooters go (untill you mod it) it still gives a really great gaming experiance.

Between the two games i have over 300 hours racked up across multiple saves (dont believe steam, i had both games on disk before i got them on steam)

The reason its my favourite, is not because its the most realistic fps, but because its the one which has provided me with the most entertainment

Mythos if you get even one mod pack make it the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Complete Mod and then the Realistic Weapons Mod yes the weapons have been tweaked just a little further making them respond even more realistic and at times deadly to oneself than originally. They are available for every S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game from here http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009, they really add a whole new and refreshing level to the S.T.A.K.E.R. series. As you point out each game built on the last and in a way they where all one if you consider that trillogy and the proposed and now canceled S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 series.

I never really collected artifacts was too much hassle for me :lol: I really just went around looting the corpse i littered the place with. Love me my fully upgraded and silenced pistol (in every game) I very much played a stealthy character and always found time to listen to (then often kill) the people in the world around me. It is a dog eat dog kinda environment haha

Just opened a ticket with valve support and we may have 3 copies of Torchlight 2 to giveaway still along with the 4 copies of the original Torchlight game. Oh and Mythos do get on that original game it really is worth a play it is quite nice.

Torchlight 2 for me

Although its a FPS/RPG, Fallout 3/New vegas (essentially the same game) is one of my favourites.

The base game for each is a great game, has hours of storyline, the DLC adds even more.

The level of customisation that comes with the RPG element adds much more to the game.

But one of the best things about it is how much it can be modded, from graphics overhauls to new maps and quests and lands to gameplay changes like the settler mod.

Although its pretty unrealistic as far as shooters go (untill you mod it) it still gives a really great gaming experiance.

Between the two games i have over 300 hours racked up across multiple saves (dont believe steam, i had both games on disk before i got them on steam)

The reason its my favourite, is not because its the most realistic fps, but because its the one which has provided me with the most entertainment

My CLOOOOOSE second! (I literally am playing it now, FONV)

Mythos if you get even one mod pack make it the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Complete Mod and then the Realistic Weapons Mod yes the weapons have been tweaked just a little further making them respond even more realistic and at times deadly to oneself than originally. They are available for every S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game from here http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009, they really add a whole new and refreshing level to the S.T.A.K.E.R. series. As you point out each game built on the last and in a way they where all one if you consider that trillogy and the proposed and now canceled S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 series.

I never really collected artifacts was too much hassle for me :lol: I really just went around looting the corpse i littered the place with. Love me my fully upgraded and silenced pistol (in every game) I very much played a stealthy character and always found time to listen to (then often kill) the people in the world around me. It is a dog eat dog kinda environment haha

Just opened a ticket with valve support and we may have 3 copies of Torchlight 2 to giveaway still along with the 4 copies of the original Torchlight game. Oh and Mythos do get on that original game it really is worth a play it is quite nice.

I tried to get the Complete Mod but it just would not install for me so I gave up on it.

I was a big artifact user, saved me alot of money and saved me alot of quick loads too haha. By random people in the world...I guess you speak Russian?? :lol: (which was immersive in itself)

I plan to play Torchlight once I finish New Vegas since that's my current focus to finish before I start another game on my laptop. My desktop has Skyrim as its current focus

Edited by IVIYTH0S

My CLOOOOOSE second! (I literally am playing it now, FONV)

I tried to get the Complete Mod but it just would not install for me so I gave up on it.

I was a big artifact user, saved me alot of money and saved me alot of quick loads too haha. By random people in the world...I guess you speak Russian?? :lol: (which was immersive in itself)

I plan to play Torchlight once I finish New Vegas since that's my current focus to finish before I start another game on my laptop. My desktop has Skyrim as its current focus

Haha nope but listening to the Russian can be funny. There just always seems to be people wandering or calling for help you never really have to follow anything completely linearly.

Fallout 3 and NV love them but they fall more RPG than FPS for me but that would be because I am pretty much a melee only guy in the games. Nothing gives me greater pleasure than beating down on a super mutie as a skinny little girl with knuckle dusters haha. Never liked the way guns handled in the game did snipe ocassionally but It was melee that was most fun. Home run with a baseball bat or fore! with a golf club and so on made it fun to play with different close quarters weapons.

Spose I am just a little sadistic haha :lol:

My all time favorite FPS would have to be Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear (1999).

This is the pinnacle of the tactical FPS genre where patience, planning, and skill really pay off. There is nothing like it now. Playing as a fictional UN special forces team, you are sent around to world to combat terrorists, drug lords, insurgents, etc. The missions are well written and believable by drawing off of real world political conflicts, so you could imagine seeing something similar on the news. You don't just get dropped into a firefight in unknown territory however, you plan your moves on a blue print of the area, and co-ordinate timing with multiple teams. You assign team members with varying skills to your teams, and set their gear. Weapons statistics such as maneuverability, acoustics, recoil, and stopping power all contribute to gameplay. While executing a mission, extreme care must be taken. Being shot once with even a low caliber round will make moving around difficult and slow, and make aiming very hard, if it doesn't immediately kill you.

Every move counts, and if you screw up, you die.

So, why would you want to play a game that sounds so difficult and possibly tedious?

The missions are tense and exciting. It really feels like there is a lot at stake, and you are in control of what happens. It takes the challenge to another level, making you plan smarter and be more alert. This results in a huge pay off when you complete a mission. There is no other feeling like completing a mission alive and saving the hostages! It really feels like you accomplished something, and since no two people plan a mission the exact same way, it makes the accomplishment unique and personal.

Its sad tactical shooters have been dumbed down or outright eliminated in recent years.

Torchlight 1 for me, since I don't have it yet!

Haha nope but listening to the Russian can be funny. There just always seems to be people wandering or calling for help you never really have to follow anything completely linearly.

Fallout 3 and NV love them but they fall more RPG than FPS for me but that would be because I am pretty much a melee only guy in the games. Nothing gives me greater pleasure than beating down on a super mutie as a skinny little girl with knuckle dusters haha. Never liked the way guns handled in the game did snipe ocassionally but It was melee that was most fun. Home run with a baseball bat or fore! with a golf club and so on made it fun to play with different close quarters weapons.

Spose I am just a little sadistic haha :lol:

Well i play with a sniper rifle (i have modded the game so all gun damage is much much higher, and a headshot with a sniper is a one hit kill on all but the toughest enemies, and their guns are equally as powerful, making it much more FPS than how you play, so does it count in this giveaway? :lol:

Well i play with a sniper rifle (i have modded the game so all gun damage is much much higher, and a headshot with a sniper is a one hit kill on all but the toughest enemies, and their guns are equally as powerful, making it much more FPS than how you play, so does it count in this giveaway? :lol:

I never said it didn't :P haha

Torchlight 2 for me.

It's really tough coming up with my favourite FPS.... so many to choose from.

I would say it would have to be the original Crysis. The open-ended nature of the game is great, the physics are amazing and the graphics were unrivaled. Unfortuantely, I could not try Crysis 2 due to the DRM. It had DRM even on Steam. Now that they've put it back on, I'll have to check it out again, they may have removed the DRM :D

2nd place FPS would have to be Quake. I was in awe playing it for the first time, coming from Doom 2. I couldn't believe what they had managed to pull off. Of course, it was all I could fit on my hard drive, being my hard drive was only 100-something megs.