2Gb card or 1gb?

Pec0

There is a thread in this forum for the newest catalyst 12.6 drivers with a link. Also a couple of posts in ,el_capitan touches on how to intall them correctly.

Ok thanks I'll give this a go.

Downloaded and installed the catalyst 12.6 after running Driver Sweeper and CCleaner. Seemed to installed fine however as soon as I run BF3 I get low 20 FPS on low medium and high settings. :dunno:

Downloaded and installed the catalyst 12.6 after running Driver Sweeper and CCleaner. Seemed to installed fine however as soon as I run BF3 I get low 20 FPS on low medium and high settings. :dunno:

What was your method of removing old drivers and installing? Step by step please.

Maybe run 3dmark11 and unigine to get a better benchmark of what's going on. Maybe its just a BF3 setting, maybe not...

I test Modern Warfare 3 and have the same problem.

What was your method of removing old drivers and installing? Step by step please.

Ok I was little hasty in getting the new card in the machine without uninstalling the old drivers for my 4870. My bad.

Next step after installing in my case I uninstalled the old CCCatalyst in control panel

then ran Driver cleaner to remove all other parts from ATI from the computer.

I downloaded the latest Catalyst from the Sapphire site which I think was 12.3, installed it and ran BF3 to find these poor performance levels. With the automatic settings in BF3 defaulting to mainly medium whereas my old 4870 defaulted to mainly high.

After posting on here I followed the advice of Redfury77 and downloaded the catalyst 12.6 from the AMD site. I uninstalled 12.3 through control panel,

then I installed and ran both Driver Sweeper and CCleaner per el_capitan to remove all ATI and CCC stuff from the computer.

I then installed the catalyst 12.6 and ran BF3 but still no change, performance is still low. I also tested MW3 with the same poor performance issues. I'm not sure what's going on.

Edited by Pec0