Custom high end Mousepad

Puck

I vote if you have a thick table top, grab a router and router out a space so you can drop a glass chopping board in flush with the table top. Then give the routed out section a lick of paint and go go go.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just swapped out my G5 recently for something I can't tell you about. :lol:

Can you give us a link to a site with a bunch of people spewing rumors about it? ................................................correct rumors? :evilgrin:

Or is that a violation of the NDA :mellow:

I need a new mousepad too, this Ratpadz GS has worn out soo much over the past 4 years...

MhPFpl.jpg

The texture started wearing out the first month I got it. :P

I should build a custom one with some of the leftover acrylic/plexi-glas I have.

I had one of those and HATED it. I wore it out in like 4 months. :lol:

how good are sandblasted surfaces for tracking and speed, cause i got a sheet of stainless here and i know someone who works in a sandblasting place and can do it pretty cheap, so how is that compared to a smooth one?

how good are sandblasted surfaces for tracking and speed, cause i got a sheet of stainless here and i know someone who works in a sandblasting place and can do it pretty cheap, so how is that compared to a smooth one?

Sand blast that back of a glass chopping board :)

so laser mice work on glass as long as there is something opaque on the back of the glass?

Apparently it tracks regardless if it's a good mouse.

Apparently it tracks regardless if it's a good mouse.

Well i got the sheet of glass for my desk here, and the naga epic wont track on it, granted it is tinted glass, so that could be stopping it

BTW I wouldn't use acrylic or plexi, it's way too soft and will scuff and wear quickly.

Plain glass should be fine though!

Bah, just heat gun it once a week, it'll be like a zamboni for your mousepad.

Bah, just heat gun it once a week, it'll be like a zamboni for your mousepad.

:lol: Not exactly low maintenance but i guess its plausible lol.

@Andrew, thats the problem with the coated pads - they wear out over time. My SX did the same thing over the course of 6 months. After I sanded/polished the aluminum its a big improvement, but it still scuffs over time so after two months or so I get the urge to polish it again. Plus, being aluminum its not 100% rigid and the corners have slightly bent upwards. It is not noticeable performance wise since its outside the normal area of movement, but its very annoying.