Custom high end Mousepad

Puck

Thanks for the non-info info?

In other words, thanks for wasting our time :lol:

It's actually the Meduza that BluePanda reviewed - which still isn't on the market. It's a freaking awesome mouse. I mean, I loved the G5, but this thing is just SO damn comfortable. :lol:

EDIT: Just checked, and it is actually released finally. Sweet! :D

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree I personally only use WoW!Pads. These are the tinnest mousepads I have ever seen. However the glass one to me was neat. Oh he bought the cutting board at Walmart, just something generic. I can tell you are are looking at getting Computer Ed Radio mice pads but I am being really picky. I would like something like the WoW!Pads but having a hard time finding a supplier.

The thing I don't like about those super thin mousepads is that they move around easily and can get nasty irreparable creases. A nice heavy piece of Neoprene backed 304 Stainless is not going ANYWHERE, and wont ever get messed up during normal use.

Everything is ordered, and I'll turn this into a build log once I get stuff in. I'm thinking rounding the top corners with small radius circles, bottom two with large radius circles, polishing it out with an orbital buffer, and heat treating the stainless into that cool anodized blue look or the orange-bronze color.

The Meduza looks pretty cool, kind of like a shorter chubby G500. I have really big hands though, so I would need to actually hold one first...it looks a bit short. I'd be interested to see how the finish lasts and the long term build quality though, since the plastic/rubber kind of looks cheap in pictures. I'm a Logitech fanboy though, so in all honesty I'd probably get another G series mouse if my G5 somehow dies :lol:.

I'll let you know, but so far (a month or so of use) it looks brand new. The finish is surprisingly durable. I have large hands too, which is why I initially didn't think I'd like it, but the ring finger rest and thumb rest make up for the slightly shorter stature.

I'll let you know, but so far (a month or so of use) it looks brand new. The finish is surprisingly durable. I have large hands too, which is why I initially didn't think I'd like it, but the ring finger rest and thumb rest make up for the slightly shorter stature.

Sounds good so far...I wonder if the local CompUSA has a display of it yet?

Is anodized aluminum a poor choice?

It will be lighter and cheaper, but the anodized coating will wear away unless you get the expensive deep anodizing, plus aluminum is a soft metal that scuffs and scratches relatively easily. My Steelseries SX was Teflon coated aluminum and was awesome but the teflon got worn away surprisingly quickly leaving pad two annoying textures and an annoying hard to clean residue that kepy getting on the base of my hand. I stripped and buffed the surface down to bare aluminum, but now the center is noticeably more worn out then the rest.

That's why I decided to whip out the big guns and go straight to 304 Stainless Steel :lol:.

It's actually the Meduza that BluePanda reviewed - which still isn't on the market. It's a freaking awesome mouse. I mean, I loved the G5, but this thing is just SO damn comfortable. :lol:

I had to use Google to find that review - i did try the site and news section first!

Looks interesting but I'm still loving that M60 mouse. No fancy color changing tech but that's ok. :)

The thing I don't like about those super thin mousepads is that they move around easily and can get nasty irreparable creases. A nice heavy piece of Neoprene backed 304 Stainless is not going ANYWHERE, and wont ever get messed up during normal use.

Everything is ordered, and I'll turn this into a build log once I get stuff in. I'm thinking rounding the top corners with small radius circles, bottom two with large radius circles, polishing it out with an orbital buffer, and heat treating the stainless into that cool anodized blue look or the orange-bronze color.

My QcK pad stays put pretty good. It's definitely better in that regard than the hard mat I tried from Razer.

Kind of curious how you are going to accomplish that. So I googled and found this page. A pink camo gun is just wrong!

:lol:

Here's how I just found it - I clicked on the *gasp* reviews link at the top of the page. Ctrl+F, "Meduza", and bam, there it was. :rofl: Not that hard methinks. :P

Ok, I was thinking about some anodized aluminum plates I saw in a catalog that had a horrible gold anodizing but it was quite thick and C70 hardness rated. I didn't expect it would wear fast if at all. I figured out just didn't work well with the mice somehow.

I need a new mousepad too, this Ratpadz GS has worn out soo much over the past 4 years...

MhPFpl.jpg

The texture started wearing out the first month I got it. :P

I should build a custom one with some of the leftover acrylic/plexi-glas I have.