EK Nickel plated blocks

I won't touch anything Nickel plated from EK...and they're really making me reconsider buying ANYTHING EK after all of their bullshit excuses and blame on other products. :mellow:

EDIT: Wow. This report is hilarious.

Although distilled water has excellent cooling characteristics, because it has no additives it

enables dirt deposits and is a potential time bomb for corrosion (which is also shown in

analysis carried out by the Jozef Stefan institute).

Regardless of the better anti-corrosion resistance of EN compared to the galvanic plating, the

surface became much dirtier (staining/discoloration) after the use of distilled water without

anticorrosion additives. Some deposits might also have been the result of plasticizer leakage,

coming from tubes. EKWB strongly recommends the use of coolants, such as EK-Ekoolant

which was tested along with similar coolants such as Thermochill EC6. Fluid XP proved to be

satisfactory, but due to its alcohol content, it is not recommended for use with EK products.

Really? Distilled water, the same water that people have been using for YEARS with no issues with water cooling, is now the issue? Oh? The solution is to buy expensive coolants that don't work as well as water just so we can use your shitty blocks with shitty plating? EK? Yeah, you. Go eff yourself. :lol:

yeah, so now it looks like im going to get the black top copper blocks, cause im not a fan of the bare copper look and ek are the only people who make all the blocks i need.

if those pics are accurate, i wont touch anything nickel plated by them either, cause after less than a month everything showed discolouration, and due to how visible my loop is, i would hate it to look like that after i spent hundreds on new blocks, and pulling it apart to clean inside the blocks voids the warranty, so that is a massive turn off for me.

Basically at this point I wouldn't bother buying EK at all - get your blocks from other companies (unless you want them all to match I guess). A company that wants to blame all their problems on other things instead of simply prepping their blocks properly before plating isn't a company that I'd want to deal with.

You can always plate your own........

Indeed. RRTech will also do chrome and nickel plating for a price and their stuff looks amazing. http://www.realredraider.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26857

In addition to that - if you ever have issues with the plating he stands behind them 100%. You'll get new parts if you have issues, even tiny ones. The complete opposite of EK.

I think I'm going to stick with the copper stuff from EK. Apparently whoever does there plating needs to learn how again. Ill just stick to copper stuff.

Indeed. RRTech will also do chrome and nickel plating for a price and their stuff looks amazing. http://www.realredraider.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26857

In addition to that - if you ever have issues with the plating he stands behind them 100%. You'll get new parts if you have issues, even tiny ones. The complete opposite of EK.

wow, those rrtech blocks look amazing, how much does it cost to do blocks like that?

I love el stuff, they make good products but I've only bought a few gpu blocks so far.

As for the Nickle , mine turned Into a dirty coin, same with the copper. I think it's metals mixing and it's not slim or deposits since it doesn't come off .

In short ek is a good brand (I think) and your block won't be shiny after 3 months

This us testing on their blocks only. The results show this cause they suck. Why don't they test competitors blocks?

They're content with blaming water...but I'm not so sure they really want the heat of trying to show that all blocks do this (because they don't).