Intel Core i5-2400K?

Lugia0529

Today, I go to my nearest IT Mall to get something...And my friend want to setup a desktop so he go to a store and ask about the computer spec they suggest...

And I shock after seeing the computer spec that shop give us. It give us an Intel Core i5-2400K...OMG, this is my first time ever heard 2400 got K edition...I think maybe I am outdated so I go home and search the detail of i5-2400K. But unfortunately, I cant find any detail about this processor and even Intel Official website also no this model...I am really curious how the store get this processor...

And what you think about this computer spec? My friend say he want a smooth gaming experience with latest GPU, and they give us this following spec...

Edit: sorry about the pic i upload before is too large, now i resized it to a smaller size.

post-73053-0-09422200-1336846690_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lugia0529

I think you overlooked the most likely possibility, whoever wrote out that sheet of paper is just wrong. A 2400K doesn't exist. They probably mean the i5 2400, which has a locked multiplier. The 560 Ti will offer smooth gaming for most modern games, but it definitely isn't "latest GPU" material, if your friend is set on being at the cutting edge.

I think you overlooked the most likely possibility, whoever wrote out that sheet of paper is just wrong. A 2400K doesn't exist. They probably mean the i5 2400, which has a locked multiplier. The 560 Ti will offer smooth gaming for most modern games, but it definitely isn't "latest GPU" material, if your friend is set on being at the cutting edge.

^ This

I also think that they are wrong writing on that spec, so I have ask about the processor can overclock well or not. And they give me an answer I really cant accept. They say "ya it overclock very well since it got a K, a processor with K can overclock very well.". And they sure it is 2400 + K.

I think they are lacks of knowledge, think that every Intel CPU got a non K and K edition. They even tell me about getting a GTX 680 is foolish because it is too new and many game cant support it, or it cant support many game. And this is not the first time I ever heard some ridiculous thing from this shop. They also tell me AMD APU have the same speed of Intel Core i7. No offence, just curious.dunno.gif

Anyway, is that AVF 650W PSU good? This also the first time I see AVF PSU with over 450W, really afraid it will fail fast.

I also think that they are wrong writing on that spec, so I have ask about the processor can overclock well or not. And they give me an answer I really cant accept. They say "ya it overclock very well since it got a K, a processor with K can overclock very well.". And they sure it is 2400 + K.

I think they are lacks of knowledge, think that every Intel CPU got a non K and K edition. They even tell me about getting a GTX 680 is foolish because it is too new and many game cant support it, or it cant support many game. And this is not the first time I ever heard some ridiculous thing from this shop. They also tell me AMD APU have the same speed of Intel Core i7. No offence, just curiousdunno.gif

Anyway, is that AVF 650W PSU good? This also the first time I see AVF PSU with over 450W, really afraid it will fail fast.

And you go back there!? Dude never go to this shop again. I am not kidding keep your friends away from this shop. As for the PSU it will likely be okay for now but I would replace it soon. To get an idea the company lists this PSU as good core a Core2 Duo and Athlon 64. I would say they have not updated for some time.

Seriously dude I would let my friends drink and drive before I would let them go to that shop. nono.gif

Edited by ComputerEd